prozac. the number 786 is a bidah at the very least , please dont use and change your name.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Bradford, (England)
Originally Posted by pindu View Post
prozac. the number 786 is a bidah at the very least , please dont use and change your name.
It's a shame Nokia have stopped bidah . . it'll bust 'em

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
It's a scam trust me it happened to me but I soon got my money back don't be fooled.
Powered by blue dream

Nokia N810 32gb
CSSU Stable Latest
Telescope
Turbo Kernel

Originally Posted by Prozac786 View Post
Since they started to give out N950 developers devices I thought I would see them appear on ebay soon enough and been doing searches for a while now and come up with nothing.

But just this morning I searched again and I found this link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MESOX:IT

The guy's got the N9 up there but also has an N950 in his other items, link is here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT

Is this real? I am tempted (for the N950 of course). It does make sense that some N950s would end up on ebay but this soon? i'm not sure. He has sold some of them already so the buyers either found something trustworthy about this seller or are very stupid. I don't know

What do you guys think? Should I order one, I'm really starting to miss my N900.. but I don't want to be scammed, is it worth the risk?
I bought a fake N9 from a friend. I will get a refund though.

Its pretty easy to determin if its fake. Just try to reflash it, it wount connect. Also if it says "N9" on the front, then its fake!

I started worrying quite immediately when the quality of the operating system was much lower than expected, and some of the expected functions were not there.

The option of several menu "interfaces" of quite low quality almost convinced me it was fake, before I etermined it first with Flasher and secondly with online pictures of fake and real ones.

Originally Posted by zeebra View Post
I bought a fake N9 from a friend. I will get a refund though.

Its pretty easy to determin if its fake. Just try to reflash it, it wount connect. Also if it says "N9" on the front, then its fake!

I started worrying quite immediately when the quality of the operating system was much lower than expected, and some of the expected functions were not there.

The option of several menu "interfaces" of quite low quality almost convinced me it was fake, before I etermined it first with Flasher and secondly with online pictures of fake and real ones.
Also you could determine whether it was fake or real ones by checked the imei *#06# on the phone and filled it at www.imei.info site.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xprism For This Useful Post:
Were Nokia N9 phones ever produced in China or were all produced in Finland?

Essentially should it always have made in Finland on the plastic around the phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to Crocked For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Crocked View Post
Were Nokia N9 phones ever produced in China or were all produced in Finland?

Essentially should it always have made in Finland on the plastic around the phone?
Many of Nokia's N9s were produced in both Finland and China. Many of their past phones were done the same way. (ex: E7, N8, etc.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
Ok thanks. It seems there is no easy way to tell if its a real or a fake phone then in most cases without really getting a good few photos and seeing the running software.

Most of the ads you see either use stock photos or are so blurry you can't tell if it's a fake or not very easily.

I SALE one Developer device N950 ~250$

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trafick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
Hi ppl,
someone mentioned earlier about fake Nokia N9's on ebay/elsewhere and it's true to say that the easiest way to spot a fake is simply by the fact it has the N9 logo on the front top left of the screen.
The genuine article does NOT sport the physically the N9 logo ANYWHERE on the phone.
There is an N950 for sale on Ebay, probably a scam, I don't know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2712173114...=p5197.c0.m619

The seller is asking $5000 (£3,249)!!, it must be made of gold!, I know the N950 is a rare device and is only 'loaned' to devs by agreement of Nokia, apparently and more to the point, if Nokia washed their hands with Meego development, then why would it matter if ex-devs sold their out dated, underpowered, development phone??
Anyway, $5000 is way too much for such a lame product and is now really only for the most hardened Nokia fan.
May as well just get a 2nd hand N9 and realise how limiting the OS and the hardware are, I should know, I have an N9 and I love it to bits, for it's quirkyness and the fact that I don't know anyone personally who has one, but it's still totally under developed and ultimately, I'm glad I only paid £200 and not the original NEW price.
Let's see what Jolla brings, I have preordered

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:

Tags
donotbuy, it's a trap!, odalay!, scam!