Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Am i somewhat disabled??? Why is this working for everybody exceptme???
Still the same old md5sum mismatch here. No change, may that downloaded via wget in the script, or opera with the link from the script or Nokia's Dev page...
Sorry, cannot help any further, for some reason you are redirected to a different image or your download never completes.

Originally Posted by lidow View Post
What about bridgedriver.ko and KP49.
I took the module for KP48 and put it under KP49, not sure how legal is this, but 720p content is playing fine now.
That is perfectly legal and if it is working for you then don't touch it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Rosice, Czech Republic
This is awesome :-)

If you take this http://blog.pclewis.com/2010/02/stre...camera-to-vlc/ and modify it like this

Code:
gst-launch-0.10 -v v4l2camsrc device=/dev/video0 !video/x-raw-yuv, width=1280,height=720! dsphdmp4venc ! rtpmp4vpay send-config=true ! udpsink host=10.1.0.2 port=5000
SDP file:
Code:
v=0
m=video 5000 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 10.1.0.1
a=rtpmap:96 MP4V-ES/90000
then you can watch live HD stream from your N900 on your PC :-)

Manual focusing can be done either by LiveFocus or using v4l2-ctl (don't remember where I got it, guess it came with LiveFocus)

Code:
/opt/lfocus/v4l2-ctl -c focus_absolute=XY
Exposure control:
Code:
/opt/lfocus/v4l2-ctl -c exposure_time_us=XY
I highly recommend streaming via USB connection as the stream easily reaches 20 Mbps. Replace 10.1.0.1 with your actual N900 USB IP and 10.1.0.2 with your PC USB IP.

Quality is great, though it drops frames much like before this "HD era" when recording with camera application.

Ou, one last thing.. don't forget to charge your battery! My PC doesn't supply enough juice

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to celebrant For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post

Excluding camera-ui which seeks non-existent gstreamer codec and is easily fixable, I did not find any other problem so far.

I guess the next question on everybody's lips is what driver is it looking for and is there anything anybody else can do to help speed up the fix...

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Sorry, cannot help any further, for some reason you are redirected to a different image or your download never completes.
Isn't md5sum just therefore, to check files for the correctness regardless of the mirror.
Anyway thanks for your time and help!

at first i didn't think i'd gained anything as i've an overclocked cpu and have a hack to allow mplayer to play larger resolution videos on n900, but mplayer choked / stuttered on the mkv testsuite in the first post, and gstreamer played them fine (with dsp@600).

the loss of video recording is a high price to pay, but is worth it for me, however it will be (very) nice when this is resolved..

OK, re camera, I want someone who is knowledgeable to explain:

libgstdsp.so which we get from Harmattan rootfs is LGPL'ed (if one opens .so with hex editor, string LGPL is easy to be found) but source code is nowhere to be found (I am sure Nokia is just not ready with source code repos). In order to restore camera functionality codec id "dsphdmp4venc" should be replaced with "dspmp4venc", which is easily doable with hex editor. So my question is:

Is it legal to distribute(upload here) such a modified library?

Last edited by freemangordon; 2011-09-27 at 18:31.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
OK, re camera, I want someone who is knowledgeable to explain:

libgstdsp.so which we get from Harmattan rootfs is LGPL'ed (if one opens .so with hex editor, string LGPL is easy to be found) but source code is nowhere to be found (I am sure Nokia is just not ready with source code repos). In order to restore camera functionality codec id "dsphdmp4venc" should be replaced with "dspmp4venc", which is easily doable with hex editor. So my question is:

Is it legal to distribute(upload here) such a modified library?
i guess it would be legal to upload a script to do the binary search and replace on the existing file that someone has?

@marbleuser - please do not guess, I can make guesses too :P. I need someone who feels in LGPL enough to give a definitive answer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Rosice, Czech Republic
Sorry to interrupt LGPL discussion but I am rather curious whether 600 MHz is the maximum frequency for DSP. I tried setting higher freq in my oc profile but checking with kernel-config show shows DSP always at 600.

Am I doing it wrong or is this the upper limit like 1150 is the limit for CPU?

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player