Posts: 44 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Erfurt, Germany
Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
Does this only edit transitions.ini located under /usr/share/hildon-desktop/ or will it also search for /etc/hildon/theme ?
..and Theme-Customizer's custom transitions in /home/opt/theme-customizer/ ?

Originally Posted by IceJunior View Post
..and Theme-Customizer's custom transitions in /home/opt/theme-customizer/ ?
I have found it only mods /usr/share/hildon-desktop/

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
This should be added in the next CSSU version!
thnx!
Once all the buttons work, I agree :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Does this only edit transitions.ini located under /usr/share/hildon-desktop/ or will it also search for /etc/hildon/theme ?
It edits only the /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini file. I can change that but need some help with the expected behaviour since I don't use themes.

- Should it be configurable to choose another location or is it always that the transitions.ini if exists in the theme folder takes priority?
- Would it work if the app updates all transitions.ini files that it finds in both locations?

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
I'd say you shouldn't go to any special consideration for Theme Customiser yet, I'd wait until it's custom hildon-home has gone away and the necessary features are redeveloped for the CSSU (see #11990).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
I'd say you shouldn't go to any special consideration for Theme Customiser yet, I'd wait until it's custom hildon-home has gone away and the necessary features are redeveloped for the CSSU (see #11990).
Thanks for the heads up.

Added a comment in the first post about the issue. At least people should be prepared for that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Editing transitions.ini requires no special hacks that would require thinking of Theme Customizer

To OP:
I suggest you code it to follow this pattern:
- check if transitions.ini exists under /etc/hildon/theme/
=> if exists, edit that
==> else edit one under /usr/share/hildon-desktop/

That way your program will work with any enviroment. If user then chooses to switch theme which does not have custom transitions, he needs to re-run your program to get the results. Other way would be to edit transitions.ini in both locations if they exist. No need to look for non-standard folder like /opt/theme-customizer/ etc.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Editing transitions.ini requires no special hacks that would require thinking of Theme Customizer

To OP:
I suggest you code it to follow this pattern:
- check if transitions.ini exists under /etc/hildon/theme/
=> if exists, edit that
==> else edit one under /usr/share/hildon-desktop/
Does hildon-desktop look at /etc/hildon/theme/transitions.ini in preference to /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini? I didn't think it did (haven't checked). Does Theme Customiser put a symlink in its place to the one inside the theme?

If so, the real solution is to follow any symlinks in place on /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini, rather than looking in different locations.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Does hildon-desktop look at /etc/hildon/theme/transitions.ini in preference to /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini? I didn't think it did (haven't checked). Does Theme Customiser put a symlink in its place to the one inside the theme?

If so, the real solution is to follow any symlinks in place on /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini, rather than looking in different locations.
hildon-desktop first looks for /etc/hildon/theme/transitions.ini and if there's no transitions.ini found, it moves on to /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini.

Theme Customizer simply copies it's own transitions.ini into /etc/hildon/theme/transitions.ini when user chooses to use it's bundled transitions. It ofcourse first makes backup of the original file if there's one found.

Edit: and folder /etc/hildon/theme/ is just symlink that points to the root folder of user's currently active theme (ie /usr/share/themes/alpha etc).

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
nice app!!!!

- this app only edits transitions.ini located under /usr/share/hildon-desktop/. Thus, will fail if you have more transitions.ini files (e.g. using the theme-customizer).
and what do you think: is it posible to marge both apps in ONE, so there won't be any conflicts????