Active Topics

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
@juiceme how are they still selling the Asha's if they not allowed to use other OSs? maybe im sounding too optimistic, but Nokia could be allowed to explore other operating systems.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
Asha's are not smartphones and javame is not a smartphone operating system.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nonikhanna View Post
@juiceme how are they still selling the Asha's if they not allowed to use other OSs? maybe im sounding too optimistic, but Nokia could be allowed to explore other operating systems.
Ashas are continuation of the series 40 phones. And what's for worse, their specification is diluted so that people are encouraged to look for Lumias instead.

For example, I was going to buy an Asha phone as replacement for my old backup phone 5230, but I was shocked to learn that phone that actually is more expensive than an almost 5 years old series 40 phone was when I bought it does not even have GPS...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Now I know why Jolla mobile is delayed. That's because Nokia's management has taken to his senses and realized that Windows is the wrong way to go. Nokia will launch a SailfishOS phone in November 2013th

Just kidding, I'm not that stupid in believing that. It would be insane to believe that the current Nokia Board ever realize that the current approach is wrong ...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-03-23 at 16:17.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Now I know why Jolla mobile is delayed. That's because Nokia's management has taken to his senses and realized that Windows is the wrong way to go. Nokia will launch a SailfishOS phone in November 2013th

Just kidding, I'm not that stupid in believing that. It would be insane to believe that the current Nokia Board ever realize that the current approach is wrong ...
so i wait till nov 2013 or 2031 for my new phone?

Last edited by sunyakram; 2013-03-23 at 16:46.

Wait until November 3210. Or was it 0123?

I'm flattered

Nice work Elop. Mission accomplished.