Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
New maps are out. Thanks to Martin for helping to fight some strange disconnects between our servers!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
La question. See attached screenshots. On the left (Jolla), there is a map selection option that is lacking on the right (Xperia X). Why the difference? The server version is exactly the same in both cases (1.14.5-1.116.1.jolla).

Name:  Screenshot-Dinghy.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  18.7 KB Name:  Screenshot-Xenia.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  20.8 KB

EDIT:
I obtained the maps by downloading them on the Jolla and then copied the whole Maps.OSM folder onto the X. Could that have anything to do with it?

Last edited by pichlo; 2019-08-06 at 08:05.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
La question. See attached screenshots. On the left (Jolla), there is a map selection option that is lacking on the right (Xperia X). Why the difference? The server version is exactly the same in both cases (1.14.5-1.116.1.jolla).

Attachment 40624 Attachment 40625

EDIT:
I obtained the maps by downloading them on the Jolla and then copied the whole Maps.OSM folder onto the X. Could that have anything to do with it?
Map selection is available if you decided not use geocoder ability to search among all countries, for example. Then you have to let it know which country you are interested in. By default, it looks up among all databases available (as on the right)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
[Installing and running current OSMscout Server and PureMaps versions under SailfishOS 2.2.1]

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I[...]As for fixing, try to uninstall Pure Maps, remove all files and the folder /usr/share/harbour-pure-maps if its still there, and install the latest version. Let me know if it helped.
I didn't take the effort, as my surviving Jolla 1 has been relegated for testing purposes for a while.

But after blindly updating to the latest versions of OSMscout Server and MapboxQML from http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...mv7hl/armv7hl/ (I did not test, if that MapboxQML version was really needed, or if the one from OpenRepos would have done the job properly, too)
and the latest version of PureMaps from OpenRepos, everything (including voice navigation) seems to be working fine under SailfishOS 2.2.1!

@rinigus, thank you for your support and kudos for continuously evolving these already awesome gems of software: PureMaps and OSMscout Server.

Last edited by olf; 2019-08-31 at 13:42.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
@olf - thanks goes in large part to Jolla. They keep all versions nicely organized at OBS ans its rather trivial for the developers to add new builds and keep older versions supported. As long as users are fine with adding the corresponding repositories.

As for OSM Scout Server development - would have to work on that as well. Need to update Valhalla (shorter term) and work on geocoder. But would probably first rework that navigation flow on Pure Maps - as discussed a month or two ago

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
As we are getting OSM Scout Server packaged for postmarketOS, there are new users entering and, as a result, the concept of having separate server GUI takes some time to get use to. Hence RFC regarding https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues/310

Best is to discuss pros and cons over there to ensure that we get cross-platform feedback on the issue

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
As we are getting OSM Scout Server packaged for postmarketOS, there are new users entering and, as a result, the concept of having separate server GUI takes some time to get use to. Hence RFC regarding https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues/310

Best is to discuss pros and cons over there to ensure that we get cross-platform feedback on the issue
I am totally fine with an outsourced GUI as manager, downloader for maps (got used to it years ago, but cannot remember right now from what/where: symbian, n900?).
Else all other clients would need to implement that, too.

But I am also not strictly against

(only thing to clean-up would be the modules:
fonts, still needed, right?
route, obsolete)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Fonts are needed only for Mapnik backend (modRana)

Router is not needed at all

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Fonts are needed only for Mapnik backend (modRana)

Router is not needed at all
@rinigus
would you then mark these packages on openrepos with that text, please?
(as both packages require a good amount of rootfs space, speaking from before-resizing-rootfs-and-deinstallation-orgy-on-OS-upgrades )

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@rinigus
would you then mark these packages on openrepos with that text, please?
(as both packages require a good amount of rootfs space, speaking from before-resizing-rootfs-and-deinstallation-orgy-on-OS-upgrades )
Done already and router RPM packages all deleted. But I kept router plugin page for that info

On Fonts package, the corresponding text is marked in BOLD

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles