Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
Hapenned to me but i ignored. Something weird that happen when I hear a voice message from Whatsapp is that vibrates constantly, is it a know bug? Someone face this too?

Enviado desde Sailfish OS desde mi Xperia X
Solved disabling vibration :/

Enviado desde Sailfish OS desde mi Xperia X

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
The APN settings don't stick after a reboot (if you have to change them). Please see my fix that works on the community build http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=93

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by paulwk View Post
Can you please tell me which application should be used for GPS on the official Xperia X build? I don't see either Jolla maps like with the Jolla C or HereWeGo for Aqua Fish available. Is there an official or recommended GPS/Satnav app?

Thanks!
You definitely want OSM Scout Server + modRana or Poor Maps. That gives you offline map rendering, routing and POI search with global coverage.

Quite a bit of work went into all this.

Corresponding threads:
OSM Scout Server
modRana
Poor Maps

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Originally Posted by paulwk View Post
Can you please tell me which application should be used for GPS on the official Xperia X build? I don't see either Jolla maps like with the Jolla C or HereWeGo for Aqua Fish available. Is there an official or recommended GPS/Satnav app?

Thanks!
Well i used here maps on android to test. I will move to osm as MartinK stated above.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to herdem09 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Hi,
Can anyone having Official Sailfish X installed on F5121 device post some pics taken by the front n rear cameras?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Except for the installation process SailfishX feels great.

New ambient looks very good, it's smooth, has lots of mem (no swap!), virtual keyboard sounds and vibration work as they should and there is Android support. Me happy.

I might still switch to Compact when one emerges because of size (and I don't need Android support _that_ much).

Regarding unlocking process of Xperia X:
As always has been the case in the past, even Sony's own instructions claim that one has to enable USB debugging mode under Developer Settings in Android. However, unlocking does not work with that; you have to select OEM unlocking.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
If I buy a license will it be locked to my account or can I transfer (eg. in the event of selling my device)?
If I buy a license but get a new phone can I then transfer it to the new phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
have you seen the fix for it?

https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Sailfish...ptation_Status

its not ideal i know but two scripts could be all you really need.
This kind of hacking is OK if I run it on community build, but when I buy it...

And if it is so easy, then why did not they just associate these scripts to the Event View screen Internet Connection Sharing shortcut?

Let's hope the fix will come soon, as I'm anyway waiting for official flashing method for Linux...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 342 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Lock screen sound level is ridiculously high when unlocking the phone screen. How do you turn the sound level down? It doesn't react to the volume level in settings (same as Volume Up/Down).

I guess this could be a bug...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jukk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Whilst trying to understand message "The system cannot find the drive specified" (I think it is from windows), I spotted other devices mentioned in windows script,

echo Searching a device with vendor id '%vendorid%'..

:: Ensure that we are flashing right device
:: F5121 - Xperia X
:: F5122 - Xperia X Dual SIM
:: F5321 - Xperia X Compact
Ooh Compact! Was this an official script? Is that the entire list or a trimmed version?

Surely someone who's bought this has a compact lying around to test it on... I'm really tempted to buy and try but the resale value isn't great.

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x