Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by eikido View Post
if its locked, i won't even consider it.
And i want a LTE (4G) phone, which it is.
We don't have any 4G data plans for mobile subscriptions in Sweden yet, but i hope we'll get any time soon. We will have a ~99% coverage in Sweden by the end of 2012 by tele2 and telenor.
I don't even care if it calls, lol. I do not use sim cards, gsm, data plans, 3g, and I don't even call anybody! I do not actually use smartphones as phones already...

The ATRIX got me, it's settled folks, at this price I sure am getting one of those stunning ATRIXes, (AT&T, aaarrrggghhh)

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
The ATRIX's docking station is just too good to be ignored!
Except that it costs $500. Doesn't really appear to be that great either:

http://www.engadget.com/motorola/atrix-4g-review/

The handset itself looks nice, but I wouldn't waste money on the dock.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Except that it costs $500. Doesn't really appear to be that great either:

http://www.engadget.com/motorola/atrix-4g-review/

The handset itself looks nice, but I wouldn't waste money on the dock.
500 USD doesn't seems bad, does it? My N900 passed out, I think it is time for the big move.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i'm still waiting for the galaxy s2
no point for having a docking station if you have a hdmi out and a pc suite(except nokia ones)

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
500 USD doesn't seems bad, does it? My N900 passed out, I think it is time for the big move.
You could buy a fully functional laptop/tablet/netbook for $500 - seems a little much for an accessory with such limited functionality.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Samsung GSII is my most prefer choice. Why? Because why would you need a docking station? while you can just use Bluetooth? MHL is much much better than Docking to watch your favourite Videos.

WTF? Apps other than the app market apps can not be installed?! Is this just an at&t crap or will all ATRIX handsets aid that?

Okay I understand the reason of why we can't flash a custom ROM to the ATRIX, that's because its build is optimized for it. But no external apps compatibility? This is utter crap!

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Okay I understand the reason of why we can't flash a custom ROM to the ATRIX, that's because its build is optimized for it.
Actually it's because Motorola signs the kernel, which makes it impossible to flash a ROM that includes a new kernel, among other things.

But no external apps compatibility? This is utter crap!
You can still root the device and fix that. But I'd avoid Motorola on principle.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, bada rox, bada rulez, bada sux, bada sux cocks, revolution, what's bada?