Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
Multiculturalism works very well for us..
The melting pot of the US doesn't seem to be doing very well...
Honestly, the only time I ever hear the phrase "Melting Pot" -- at least since graduating elementary school decades ago -- is when I'm being 'Canadasplained' what's wrong with the US . . .

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

Please don't be too serious here.

Everybody knows United Mexican State is far better than US and Canada.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-10-28 at 18:50.

Who wins, global warming scare, or nuclear winter, they cancel each other out

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Who wins, global warming scare, or nuclear winter, they cancel each other out
Global warming is something we should think about and can adjust by smartness. If some start launching nukes I don't think anyone cares about nuclear winter...then we are ****ed either way.

So My bet is Global warming.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Global warming is something we should think about and can adjust by smartness. If some start launching nukes I don't think anyone cares about nuclear winter...then we are ****ed either way.
It's the quick and easy way to fix global warming, just hold your nose and vote to fix it, plenty of people plan to move to canada (some to mexico), only stray nukes there like in straya

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Rob and Gerbick...
really guys...
no patronizing from me...
I'm not saying anything is wrong with the US...
it is just different philosophies...
when folks from other places ask what is canada like ...
they usually ask for it in reference to the U.S. as a comparable they already know...
usually posed as a kinda generic... "what is the difference between?"...
Of course I am biased ...I grew up and live here...
can't help that one..
As far as gerbick's belief and understanding that the concept of privilege of white males in canada receive ...and that racism , hate and intolerance and all those ugly things exist here as much as in the US...
I am sure there is intolerance everywhere...
I never denied that..
and that here too in canada ...there can be intolerance ...
As I said I have lived here my whole life...
I cannot say I am privileged anymore than anyone else...
Our society as a whole and our laws are aghast at such a thought of anyone being more privileged than another..
I am sure that there are a minority who feel different...
But they tend to be shunned ...
Proving such points as I am giving is a difficult one ...
Best I can say is...
Tolerance ..compassion... and trying very hard not to emote and take rash and violent reactive responses to situations...
before thinking through a situation...
is one thing Canadians as a norm...as a nation...
do tend to grit their teeth through...

If a good example of the average Canadians tolerance of people "other" than themselves is needed..
If proof is needed..
Especially after a crisis...
and a national one at that..

Here is what happened to us not too long ago...
a very rare incident..
and for the convenience of the American members here...
reported from one of your own media outlets..
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...terror-attack/

Not a week later in Ottawa...
A social experiment was conducted by university students and filmed by hidden camera...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-muslim-bigot/

I know I have a zero tolerance for intolerance...
I know that all the people who are friends of mine...
frankly all the people I know ...period...
have a zero tolerance for intolerance...
our justice and law enforcement have zero tolerance...
and frankly gerbick if you found any sign of intolerance while visiting here ...directed at anyone you saw ...knew...or at yourself...
Then you most certainly weren't in the company of any I would call my friend....

they are not only a minority ..
they are a reviled and prosecuted minority...
If they don't get the sense and courtesy and manners and etiquette taught to them properly while growing up...

then they get disciplined by the justice system here...

and / or potentially beaten into them by their fellow canadians.. and are considered and labelled and shunned as social outcasts and pariahs....

Hope I have cleared up some issues here.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

I know I have a zero tolerance for intolerance...

So you have an original sin inside you, intolerant of intolerance in name of total tolerance, can he build such a mountain?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
no patronizing from me...
I'm not saying anything is wrong with the US...
I didn't take your words as such.

Doesn't mean that I cannot take the good with the bad. In fact, I'd rather continue to take the discussions into the open. But my words, usually with my brusk cadence, is nothing more than just stating things as observed and/or as they exist by my experiences and knowledge. But I remain open to other perspectives... always.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
It's the quick and easy way to fix global warming, just hold your nose and vote to fix it, plenty of people plan to move to canada (some to mexico), only stray nukes there like in straya
The funny thing is that humans think they can fix anything. Usually always end badly when we trying to interfere with nature. To apply a shortcut and quick fix would end badley.

The nature will probobly clean itself if we just change instead of changing the earth.

What about to use nukes to move earth away from the sun, that is another genius idea

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
The funny thing is that humans think they can fix anything. Usually always end badly when we trying to interfere with nature. To apply a shortcut and quick fix would end badley.

The nature will probobly clean itself if we just change instead of changing the earth.

What about to use nukes to move earth away from the sun, that is another genius idea
You can google/ddg starlifting, or just accept that nature doesn't care, dinosaurs tried to interfere with nature when they built more or less stable borders

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson