Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by frals View Post
No. Yes.

Kolla så telenor inte har flaggat din telefon (/ditt abb) som att det inte stödjer MMS. Vad jag kan se från loggen så är inställningarna rätt (jmf med telenor.se) och fMMS försöker till rätt URLs men telenors MMSC verkar inte vilja vara med riktigt.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try to insert the sim into my second phone, download the settings and send a MMS, then swap back to see if i can get it workin..

I have tried sending other files other than pictures and unfortunately it hasn't worked for me despite many attempts. Also, the number of characters is limited to eleven so it means me sending both a pic and an sms message which wastes time. Other than that, fMMS is pretty good.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and can anyone please help with resolving it?

Last edited by Dissatisfied Nokia N900; 2011-05-22 at 22:39.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
I can no longer use fMMS to send pictures, all i get is a 503 services unavailalbe. I can recive messages but not send them.

I'm using Telenor SE and havn't changed any settings from when it was working.

Edit: Got it working now with the new version

Last edited by ahagman; 2011-05-04 at 19:46. Reason: Solved

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Updated today and it all went to hell.

Tracked it down to fMMS connecting to another connection. Little bugger tries to connect to wifi in polite and rude, and, in havoc, opens the secondary connection but binds to wifi.

I managed to send a MMS by disabling auto-connect, setting it to prompt, then moving fMMS to rude. When sending (connecting), Maemo pops the "to what the hell" window and I select "MMS" AP and it all works. If I don't, it just tries to connect and fires up the wifi (doesn't even ask). If auto-connect is set to "any", trying to send a MMS links up wifi and the whole thing fails.

It was working before the update. Am I the only one?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Hi Frals,

Something I noticed which you may be able to work on when you have the time. I can send an MMS to multiple recipients. After sending, only one recipient is listed if I go back into fmms later (the last one if I remember correctly) but all receive the MMS. Version 1.3.3 of fmms.

Thanks

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Error with version 1.3.4 here go the log
Attached Files
File Type: txt fmms-log.txt (3.1 KB, 151 views)

should the result of gconftool-2 -R /apps/fmms show phonenumber=0, if not where do i change this, and what format should the phone number take?

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Hello. I tried sending my very first mms on n900, and got "32, broken pipe". Settings are as they should afaik.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fmms.log.txt (12.7 KB, 153 views)

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Trying to send a photo while connected to T-Mobile USA 3G, while 'sending' it kills the connection almost immediately. Then I get the sending failed message. If I let it kill the connection, I then reconnect manually, it sends. Not a terrible workaround, but I remember the good old days when fMMS used to connect to the internet automatically, send the pic, then disconnect. It was perfect.

Hi, is anyone having this problem?? i have fmms installed. My cell phone plan gives me 5 free mms per month, when ever i try to send an mms everything seems fine, the mmsc responds ok and the mms is discounted for my plan and everything, but the message never reaches its destination. However when a mms is sent to me i receive it without any problems. In a nut shell i can receive but i cant send.
Any ideas??

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python