Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Doing a replacement to a white case and I think I accidently popped off the front camera module from the flex cable, that's fine I can live without front facing camera, however my biggest issue is that I am getting no celluar antenna reception at all. Everything seems to be connected fine but my sim is not working at all...anyone have any thoughts?

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Ok I finally got my antenna working, I didn't set it right. Man this phone is so sexy in white....
Attached Images

I had a crack right at the front corner by the sim tray and the crack got worse to the point of my sim card popping out so I was using electrical tape to hold it in. I ordered a replacement case (black) from one of the ebay vendors mentioned here and I received it yesterday.

Swapping it out was much easier than I thought. One thing I noticed was that my black case seemed to become much more glossy over time. The new case felt like it had texture and I remember this was how my phone use to feel.

Anyway thanks for all the links which helped me gain confidence to attempt such a thing.

X-

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ifox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Has anyone bought a housing from forceviewer_uk? They sell their housings with tools to do the swap and are cheaper than digital_supermarkets & headlaneltd. Also below is a disassemble video in english:

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/05/22/vi...e-replacement/

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Has anyone bought a housing from forceviewer_uk? They sell their housings with tools to do the swap and are cheaper than digital_supermarkets & headlaneltd. Also below is a disassemble video in english:

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/05/22/vi...e-replacement/
I literally just purchased a cyan one from them. I emailed them the other day to ask if it was 100% genuine from Nokia and they told me it was.

Plus i looked at the other N9 cases they have and they only have magenta and black, so they definitely look legit

They also provide the tools you need to do the job, so it's a good deal

Last edited by Dared; 2012-05-25 at 09:26.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
I'm assuming it doesn't include the SIM tray and USB cover?

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
I'm assuming it doesn't include the SIM tray and USB cover?
Not sure, but i'm only interested in the housing anyway, my sim tray + usb cover are in good condition

Sort of offtopic, but my N9 makes quite annoying squeak sound if I apply modest force (i.e. hold it) to the left side of the device (lower half). Is this normal, or my N9 has some manufacturing defect?

Originally Posted by shinogami View Post
Sort of offtopic, but my N9 makes quite annoying squeak sound if I apply modest force (i.e. hold it) to the left side of the device (lower half). Is this normal, or my N9 has some manufacturing defect?
A lot of people have this problem. The housing can come loose over time so i believe.

I have 2 N9's, one of them has this issue, the other doesn't.

Once I replace my housing i'll see if the issue persists

Thanks for the info. I don't think it's age related as my N9 is less than 1 month old. Anyway, it's not that big a deal, just doesn't feel so premium (but then it was cheap anyway so I guess it's ok).

Last edited by shinogami; 2012-05-25 at 11:49.