Notices

¿¿Will it be on extra-devel??

By the way, how do you usually introduce Meta key (usually Alt)?

Originally Posted by rayson View Post
can I change the background color to blank and font to green? pro-long time looking at it makes eye tired
Add this to ~/.emacs
Code:
(add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(background-color . "black"))
(add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(foreground-color . "green"))

Originally Posted by antviro View Post
By the way, how do you usually introduce Meta key (usually Alt)?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=970519&postcount=5

Originally Posted by JosefA View Post
Any chance of pushing this to extras-devel or -testing if so inclined?
Any news regarding that?

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
I kept on getting error whenever I run emacs.

Here is my .emacs code:
Code:
(add-to-list 'load-path "/home/user")

;; for instance (add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp/maxframe")                                                                           

(require 'maxframe)

(add-hook 'window-setup-hook 'maximize-frame t)

(setq mf-max-width 800)

(setq mf-max-height 380)

(maximize-frame)

(setq dired-use-ls-dired nil)

(setq list-directory-brief-switches "-C")
Attached Images

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
I kept on getting error whenever I run emacs.
try this 23.2 compile without your init file. You should be able to omit all of the maxframe & placement stuff.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by zoner View Post
try this 23.2 compile without your init file. You should be able to omit all of the maxframe & placement stuff.
The installation instruction there is not quite clear. Do we download the emacs_23.2_ARMEL.tgz to the opt folder first before doing tar or can we download it to any place on the phone. I guess my question is does emacs_23.2_ARMEL.tgz have to be in the opt file before running it? I tried running it from the opt folder with it in my MyDoc folder but it does not work.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
The installation instruction there is not quite clear. Do we download the emacs_23.2_ARMEL.tgz to the opt folder first before doing tar or can we download it to any place on the phone. I guess my question is does emacs_23.2_ARMEL.tgz have to be in the opt file before running it? I tried running it from the opt folder with it in my MyDoc folder but it does not work.
If you download to MyDocs then in xterm go to /opt and type:
Code:
tar xvzf /home/user/MyDocs/emacs_23.2_ARMEL.tgz

thats real easy to fix, just run:

Code:
vim ~/.emacsrc
oh...wait.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Firstly, this is amazing. The promise of this thread was one of the things which caused me to plump for an N900 (only recently decided to get a smartphone) and I can barely believe I'm now carrying around a whole Emacs in my pocket.

I remapped Fn+Left Arrow to Esc to use as the Emacs Meta key (and Fn+Right to Tab) as described earlier in the thread. But I've noticed that when I'm in Emacs, the Fn+Ctrl combination (hitting "Sym") doesn't open the onscreen symbol keyboard anymore. Does anyone know how to reenable it? Or are you all doing large scale keyboard remapping to enter all those symbols physically, maybe via Shift+Fn+various letters?

(Thinking about it I like the Shift+Fn+various letters idea, I'll be trying it later. If anyone has any warnings about why this might /not/ work nicely - perhaps problems of overriding key combinations that might be used by other programs? - I'd be grateful to hear them.)

The Following User Says Thank You to CmdrKrool For This Useful Post: