Active Topics

Dear Maemo Team,

When we Expect to have a final & stable release of Application which are under ( Extras-Testing & Extras-Devel.) to be under Extras and to be added in Maemo select as well as Maemo.org?

As you know there are a lot of application under the ( Extras-Testing & Extras-devel.) but still not stable & might be harm to N900. As i understood, it is meant for the developers.

In My N900 & under the application manager, only i have Extras ( default from Nokia) and better not to add the 2 above since don't want for my little N900 to get harm .

The python issues is annoying me a lot since many great app. require python and i cant have them,

When will all these obstacles be overcomed ?

Best Reagrds

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toulouse
They will hit Extras as soon as they have passed QA. You can help with this effort e.g. by giving feedback on packages in extras-testing: http://maemo.org/packages/repository...xtras-testing/

Originally Posted by dominik View Post
They will hit Extras as soon as they have passed QA. You can help with this effort e.g. by giving feedback on packages in extras-testing: http://maemo.org/packages/repository...xtras-testing/
Thanks dominic for your reply,
How can i install the app. in that link? shall i access it through N900 & click on the app.?
or i have to do some steps before installing them?

Appreciate your kind help & Advise.
Regards

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
When they are ready LOL. Just wait and see. Or you can enable extras and devel and try them out now, while they are a WIP.

Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
When they are ready LOL. Just wait and see. Or you can enable extras and devel and try them out now, while they are a WIP.
LOL,,,,better to wait ( hope not take time ) rather than harming my little N900

Any idea, when will be released to Extras??

Regards

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Promotion of apps from -devel to -testing is done when the developer wants to do it, when a dev promotes a package, it is almost immediately available in -testing.
Apps in -testing need to pass the QA testing criteria, 10 votes are needed as well as 10 days in quarintine.
Once the app passes that QA, it goes into Extras.
The same happens for every new app that is developed, and every new version of an app.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
The current system isn't going to change or go away, as Extras-testing and Extras-devel are a part of the natural process of developing apps. Every app goes through Extras-devel and -testing, and become available in Extras once they're "safe".

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Promotion of apps from -devel to -testing is done when the developer wants to do it, when a dev promotes a package, it is almost immediately available in -testing.
Apps in -testing need to pass the QA testing criteria, 10 votes are needed as well as 10 days in quarintine.
Once the app passes that QA, it goes into Extras.
The same happens for every new app that is developed, and every new version of an app.
Thanks, So:
1)- does this solves the python issue as well?
2)- if it is under testing, why then it appears in the application Manager/download?
3)- Will these app. then be found in Maemo Select?
4)- So after the app. passes the QA, we should not get Python error. right? it will be embedded. right?

I am new & want to learn.... so appreciate your your help and patience.

Last edited by !!Nokia N900!!; 2010-06-06 at 16:22.

^^ i guess you just need to wait and appreciate the application if at all you dont wanna test it and help if u find any bug !!

btw i didn like ur question !! how old are you?

i think that it will be much easier to find a way to vote for an application through application manager, most of the users are getting bored to visit http://maemo.org/packages/repository...xtras-testing/
find the application and vote