Notices

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
And let us not forget the requested bug-reports. I just remembered myself.....

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I have an idea how to improve camera-ui. A script could be run before and after recording (e.g. to automatically OC the device for HD recording)

I might code and make a merge request, but
1. When should be the system(...) call made
2. Where should the scripts be located?
While a clever idea, IMO this shouldn't be a obvious setting in the UI or forced on everyone. Overclocking the device in applications is a blocker.
This would potentially make camera-ui2 depend on KP too which isn't a good idea.
I think it needs more thought, myself.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
While a clever idea, IMO this shouldn't be a obvious setting in the UI or forced on everyone. Overclocking the device in applications is a blocker.
This would potentially make camera-ui2 depend on KP too which isn't a good idea.
I think it needs more thought, myself.
I didn't ever suggest doing an entry in the GUI. It would just tempt to break sth

The idea is that the power users could edit the scripts to do some power behavior

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
I have an idea how to improve camera-ui. A script could be run before and after recording (e.g. to automatically OC the device for HD recording)

Already there:

https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...i-set-priority

https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...erface.c#L1079

https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...erface.c#L1116

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Nice to see mister freemangordon and the rest of the gang still doing work like this. Respect! And if I can help somehow, I'm here.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3

I pretty much like the idea, it makes for a nice generic interface to provide a thing commonly known as "hooks" and not really all that new (see http://mfnboer.home.xs4all.nl/twinkl...l#call_scripts for a pretty convenient reference implementation that I co-designed and recommend. sorry for the URL not really working, click on "Manual" and then on "Call Scripts") and it is independant of platform specifics like d-bus etc while still allowing to interface to those specific mechanisms with simple shellscript oneliners like "dbus-send"

Obviously you want to configure the full path&name of hook scripts inside the app via a user interface or config file of known name (or even direct gconf meddling though that again is platform specific dependency to gconf available), and you want to call such script with a rich environment(!) on every moderately relevant event like focus engage, focus release, trigger, app start, app close, review/gallery-open, gallery-close with delete, gallery-close w/o delete, a.s.o. And you frequently want the camera app to base further behaviour on return codes of the script called (given there exists such script to call) to e.g. close the cam app when the photo taken is ok by any postprocessing done in the hook - again see twinklephone for reference implementation.

I can see a few more nice usecases than just "enable/stop OC". E.G. how about uploading (in case of video, even streaming?) any media capture into "the cloud" so it's safe form any attempt to delete the record on device - I bet you know what I'm talking about.
Same scenario: make the camera automatically start video capture when camdoor gets opened while lens NOT pointing down to the floor, while when lens points down to the floor then the flashlight gets started and cam-app closed.
All of the above can easily get achived with a few lines in shellscripts doing the right thing when called by camera app

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-12-27 at 13:06.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Please help! Urgent!
Is it possible to disable flash LED on N900 altogether while taking photos? It might save my freedom and even life.
Police forces brought to Kiev from East represent, protect and work with mafia. They break a lot of laws themselves, shoot journalists, beat medics/red cross representatives, force official hospitals to pass injured to them without any treatment.
Please! ASAP!

Last edited by int_ua; 2014-01-23 at 00:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
int_ua,
the most reliable measure is to cover flash/privacy-LED with 3 layers of black sticky tape.
I just checked the CSSU "nikocam" (comes with CSSU-T) and it allows to disable flash, but still "flashes" the red tiny LED when taking a photo.
I can't come up with reliable better suggestions right away. rmmod adp1653 might help but I don't know what side effects and how reliable.

Good luck, take care!
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
Please help! Urgent!
Is it possible to disable flash LED on N900 altogether while taking photos? It might save my freedom and even life.
Police forces brought to Kiev from East represent, protect and work with mafia. They break a lot of laws themselves, shoot journalists, beat medics/red cross representatives, force official hospitals to pass injured to them without any treatment.
Please! ASAP!
If making a video is acceptable solution then starting recording via icon on screen (not hw button - it triggers autofocus which turns on white LEDs on low light!) while covering camera hole with hand and then disabling the red LED with live focus ( http://maemo.org/packages/view/lfocus/ ) might work.

Be safe!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Use FCAMERA (NOT Bless) to take pictures. I justed tested it and it did not use the flash for focus. and use the tape as suggested by joerg.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle