Notices

the pictures don't really seem that much better. and they soem times have this colorful circular outline thing going on with them.

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
what settings do you use in hdr-mode?
for contrast/mcontrast? what exactly is the difference between contrast and mcontrast?

Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
Where does BlessN900 backup the original firmware?
Is there some procedure to restore it manually if something goes
wrong?

Any problems with 3rd party software like Morpho QuickPanorama version 1.0.0 ?

Sorry for all those questions - maybe you can put them (plus
answers) into your FAQ?
Bump:
Any answers to my questions?
Perhaps anybody else knows beside eugene.panich?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
No problems at all. I'm using BlessN900, Morpho Quick Panorama, stock camera application and Nokia Panorama among others that also use the camera without any issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Hi.
No way for me to use A Better Camera: it crashes everytime, I can't select file option in tools, and often it makes N900 freeze: the only way to pass through is to reboot the phone!
I tried to remove --purge and reinstall: same issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to cevenn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
eugene,

Could you please mention where the original firmware is placed?

What happen if you reflash and not unistall first? What would be the firmware you'll be having in the device?

Basically, I'm mostly interested if the firmware is persistent to reflash and how to check what version my device is running.

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
eugene,

Could you please mention where the original firmware is placed?

What happen if you reflash and not unistall first? What would be the firmware you'll be having in the device?

Basically, I'm mostly interested if the firmware is persistent to reflash and how to check what version my device is running.

Thank you.
@eugene: Additionally: how can we put the original firmware back into place if for some reason your uninstall fails?

Thanks.
I'll only install BlessN900 if these questions are clarified.

He is not answering because your question is ******ed and makes no sense. There is no camera 'firmware' as such. This is just a driver. When you uninstall, the original driver is retrieved from the repository again.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
He is not answering because your question is ******ed and makes no sense. There is no camera 'firmware' as such. This is just a driver. When you uninstall, the original driver is retrieved from the repository again.
I know the difference between a driver and firmware.
;-)

And yes: I read threads like
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39091&page=11

But I thought there is also a firmware issue if eugene talks about
firmware here:
"In spite of the fact, that BlessN900 modifies camera firmware..."
http://blessn900.com/info/

Re: Firmware:
Bless and it's commercial brother ABC do not replace the standard camera. Is that what you mean? This camera does not alter the firmware. In my experience, anyway. However, to use it (and F-Camera) you need to install the F-Camera drivers appropriate to your kernel (1.0.7-1 for most and 1.0.7-2 for PK v0.46 onwards).
When you remove Bless or ABC, you can remove these drivers too, so long as you don't have F-Cam installed.
Also, remember to do a dpkg purge when removing software if you want it off altogether.

Re: Panorama s/w:
Other users do not seem to have a problem with using both Bless and either Nokia's or Morpho's.

Just checked the TMO link posted - most amused because I'd forgotten I'd posted on there on a closely related issue! (#109)

HTH

Edit - forgot to look at the info page:
Yes, on the info page it says the firmware is altered. I believe it is more a case of altering the way it works, rather than altering the firmware itself. A camera analogy would be to put a red filter over the lens would give red photos but the camera itself is the same.

If you are still unsure about the comments on the Almalence website, why not wing them an email and post back if the answer contradicts any of this...

Last edited by demolition; 2011-05-10 at 08:42.

Tags
camera, nokia n900