Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
uncompressed its 374MB ...... its a big program but worth the fun if you can work out how to use it ..
same thing..when i extracted on my mac..the folder was
Code:
352.9 MB on disk (227,470,908 bytes) for 9,942 items
when i SSHed it via Cyberduck, it shows only 129mb..

Quick question, I installed eveything, but when I try to run msfconsole nothing happens, does it take a while to load the 1st time?

Thanx

Yes it will take ages , i would suggest leaving it load up with out using phone it will load faster then with no errors ...

Originally Posted by darksurfer View Post
Quick question, I installed eveything, but when I try to run msfconsole nothing happens, does it take a while to load the 1st time?

Thanx

The Following User Says Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Hi. Thanks a lot for this guide. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get this to run.
Code:
/home/opt/msf # ruby1.8 msfconsole -L
/home/opt/msf/lib/fastlib.rb:368:in `fastlib_original_require': /home/opt/msf/lib/rex/text.rb:274: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting kEND (SyntaxError)
                              ^
	from /home/opt/msf/lib/fastlib.rb:368:in `require'
	from /home/opt/msf/lib/rex.rb:44
	from /home/opt/msf/lib/fastlib.rb:368:in `fastlib_original_require'
	from /home/opt/msf/lib/fastlib.rb:368:in `require'
	from msfconsole:121
/home/opt/msf #
And when I try to update, I get
Code:
/home/opt/msf # ruby1.8 msfupdate[*][*] Attempting to update the Metasploit Framework...[*]

svn: XML parser failed in 'external/source/vncdll/winvnc'
svn: Malformed XML: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 340
svn: Working copy '.' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)
/home/opt/msf #
Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Well i havnt faced them issues before to be honest , have you downloaded the latest version of MSF also make sure you use the ruby files i posted as i couldnt get this to run on any other version than i posted .....

Also did you do the svn clean up and the try an update again ....

The Following User Says Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Dhaka
database connect working yet?? want to use autopwn. installed the mysql database & running it successfully but cant connect with msf.
db_status command gives:
no database driver installed. Try 'gem install pq'

found a problem with the sniffer "psnuff".

"pcaprub module not available"

solved it by making the N900 a full software development kit. compiled the "pcaprub.rb" module & put it in the correct directory. set the INTERFACE to wlan0 & then executed "run" command & I was successful. if anyone interested using the "psnuff" then I will write the whole tutorial.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carbonjha For This Useful Post:
Sorry if this some kind of offtopic.
I was following this instruction:
https://community.rapid7.com/docs/DOC-1295
I downloaded metasploit from official site.
Everything installed flawless except metasploit.

Installation stops with an error

./metasploit-latest-linux-installer.run
./metasploit-latest-linux-installer.run: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file (expecting “)”)

I've been googling & researching for 3 days if any database to work with metasploit. it was very hard to setup & running the mysql database but it didnt show up in db_status. it took one day. then I tried postgresql. I assumed that no deb package for maemo. so tried to compile it. yah...thts right,,,,,i tried hard solving lots of dependency but again it didnt work at all as the compilation wasnt successful. but I didnt stop my quest. searched the TMO. found this talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1170244&postcount=5 followed it correctly. and finally oh I'm so happy. I'm soooo happy. It worked. now the postgresql is selected but the there is no connection & I'm too tired. going to sleep now.
Love my phone the mighty N900.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to carbonjha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by carbonjha View Post
now the postgresql is selected but the there is no connection & I'm too tired. going to sleep now.
Hi man,
Did you solved that connection problem ?

I couldnt connect because the actual postgresql server package is not available for maemo. The thing that drives me crazy is for both sqlite3 and MySQL database I found every package needed. But sqlite3 is no longer supported by metasploit and MySQL didnt show up with db_status. I tried my best to make MySQL work but it just didnt work. oh!! GOD!! why this happens only with me??

Now Im setting up Maemo SDK to compile postgresql. I dont know what will happen this time. Though without any database I did a lot of pentest & I was successful almost every time. with the help of Wifite it takes 30 mins to 1hr to get into a machine remotely.
I have lots in my mind yet to try like client base exploit, pivoting, antivirus & firewall service manipulation and of course database as it is needed to pentest a large network with lot of machines.

added screenshots of successful meterpreter session I had yesterday with the help of WiFite and nmap. though sometimes N900 ran slowly even got stuck, some commands took a lot of time I was happy. It was a great day.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carbonjha For This Useful Post: