Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Please just go ahead as explained in my previous posts.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Thanks, I will push new packages ASAP

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
That was blazing fast!

Thanks again qgil.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by inean View Post
Thanks, I will push new packages ASAP
Will you include the com.meego namespace in the new release just for the compatibility with MeeGo apps - there are apps, e.g. in apps for meego that use com.meego instead of com.nokia.meego?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Will you include the com.meego namespace in the new release just for the compatibility with MeeGo apps - there are apps, e.g. in apps for meego that use com.meego instead of com.nokia.meego?
No. You can't use 'com.meego' and 'com.meego.extras' namespace and pretend that things works smoothly. You may end with QDeclarativeEngine cache failures...
Code:
Cannot assign QObject* to PageStack_QMLTYPE_NN
...if those apps use 'com.meego.extras' namespace. See also http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/8279

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inean For This Useful Post:
No. You can't use 'com.meego' and 'com.meego.extras' namespace and pretend that things works smoothly. You may end with QDeclarativeEngine cache failures...
Code:
Cannot assign QObject* to PageStack_QMLTYPE_NN
...if those apps use 'com.meego.extras' namespace. See also http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/8279
So, what can we do with these Harmattan apps that use com.meego. I can't pretend that "It's okay that Harmattan apps using com.meego aren't working at all". They somehow work on N9, otherwise they wouldn't be in apps for meego.
Creating symlinks so that com.meego = com.nokia.meego results in a very strange behavior: system crashes, button being disabled.

So, what can we do with these Harmattan apps that use com.meego. I can't pretend that "It's okay that Harmattan apps using com.meego aren't working at all". They somehow work on N9, otherwise they wouldn't be in apps for meego.
Creating symlinks so that com.meego = com.nokia.meego results in a very strange behavior: system crashes, button being disabled.
Backport apps?. Really, more than a year ago, 'com.meego' namespace was deprecated. Why I should give support for broken stuff? IMHO, If apps depends on obsolete features, it's developers responsability to update their apps.

I prefer to be focused on a qt-components that works properly with quality apps.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to inean For This Useful Post:
Backport apps?. Really, more than a year ago, 'com.meego' namespace was deprecated. Why I should give support for broken stuff? IMHO, If apps depends on obsolete features, it's developers responsability to update their apps.

I prefer to be focused on a qt-components that works properly with quality apps.
So is there any other way to somehow run the apps with the deprecated namespace?

I found a bug in the qt components package. Apps using com.nokia.meego usually get Segmentation fault when the screen is paused. (I guess it's connected with QtLockscreen and because of it the app is minimized)

I found a bug in the qt components package. Apps using com.nokia.meego usually get Segmentation fault when the screen is paused. (I guess it's connected with QtLockscreen and because of it the app is minimized)
https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi...=qt-components

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inean For This Useful Post: