Active Topics

Originally Posted by iball View Post
Did the internet "break"? Is Google offline?
Obviously it must be, because people can create software that has direct access to the network on their computers.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I think the most important thing to come out of today's presentation in London is this statement from Anssi Vanjoki, Nokia's Executive VP & General Manager of Multimedia: "If there is something good in the world then we copy with pride."

Sounds fair enough, and I expect good things in future - get copying, Nokia! The iPhone UI is just a start.

I actually meant to put "iPhone" killer. My mistake, but whatever it happens.

Whatever the hell happened to the Nokia Aeon?? Aeon

Hm...

I wish Nokia would be innovators instead of just scavengers, hm. That Aeon looks pretty cool, though.

I just know that I don't want my next IT to clone an iPhone

Originally Posted by Aisu View Post
Hm...

I wish Nokia would be innovators instead of just scavengers, hm.

I just know that I don't want my next IT to clone an iPhone
What? No, that is a bunch of bullcrap. The iPhone is nothing new. They just created a new interface on old hardware. Nothing new about that. IMHO, all Apple products are overpriced garbage and I will never purchase anything that has the Apple name. Maybe I am just biased.

*cough* What?

I never said the iPhone was new. Apple is not innovative, but they put great technology together. I said I did not want Nokia to copy Apple's desgin. I want Nokia to be innovative.

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Heck, I just want Nokia to focus on polishing it's current touchscreen offerings. I really really really hope the Internet Tablets are not simply a testbed for where S60 mobiles are headed. And if they are, Nokia really really really needs to state that to the loyal community behind it's support.

If done right, both the S60 and Maemo platforms could benefit from each other in great ways. However I don't think that sort of thing will happen anytime soon.

It's ironic that a company dedicated to "connecting people" sure are having a hard time doing so internally.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Originally Posted by bartsimpson123844 View Post
What? No, that is a bunch of bullcrap. The iPhone is nothing new. They just created a new interface on old hardware. Nothing new about that. IMHO, all Apple products are overpriced garbage and I will never purchase anything that has the Apple name. Maybe I am just biased.
I think we're all biased. Personally I won't buy anything with Microsoft's name on it. If my n800 eats another mmc card or white screens I'll be adding Nokia to that list as well.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by bartsimpson123844 View Post
You took those words right off my mouth!!! Hate apple.