Yeah, I've had my one tablet for over a year and I'm still on the original battery. I've got a spare, but it hasn't even been dragged out of the package yet. Worse comes to worse, I may consider using it on my next trip and use my spare NIT as a battery charger. That way I can carry the primary NIT, plus two spare batteries.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
I think I'm having a battery issue here but, just want to make sure. I have not use my N810 for about a year or so. Now it turns off soon after I connect to wifi. Even with the power adapter plug-in, it turns off and reboot. So is it the battery or something else? And its acting a bit slow like as if it ran out of memory or something.

When I had a bad battery I couldn't even get it to boot. So perhaps your first move should be a new battery. Be sure to charge it a while before trying to boot.

Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
I think I'm having a battery issue here but, just want to make sure. I have not use my N810 for about a year or so. Now it turns off soon after I connect to wifi. Even with the power adapter plug-in, it turns off and reboot.
Does it do reboot without the power plugged-in? If not you are experiencing bug 3144 / bug 6206, and since Nokia have a fix but won't release it, the only way out is a new battery :-(

Otherwise, try installing syslog (see here) and see what /var/log/syslog.old says after a reboot.

Unplugged it and it rebooted once. I connect to wifi again and turns off without rebooting. try to power up a third and fourth time get past the boot screen to the desktop screen but any effort to open an application freezes and turns it back off. Though every time I power it up the battery app reads full.

Originally Posted by lma View Post
Does it do reboot without the power plugged-in? If not you are experiencing bug 3144 / bug 6206, and since Nokia have a fix but won't release it, the only way out is a new battery :-(

Otherwise, try installing syslog (see here) and see what /var/log/syslog.old says after a reboot.
I just checked out the bugs mention in your reply, they seem to be a different issue. My device does not reboot spontanually but, only after connected to wifi. I understand when it shuts off cause the battery need replacement but, I dont understand why reboot when its on ac power. the battery seem to hold a bit as long as I dont try to connect to wifi.

OK. I think I get it. Its definitely the battery. I think the reboot is cause by the WiFi draining the already weak charge battery too quick for the ac power to recharge it fast enough to keep the device on, and the device does not turn on without the battery. So It's not actually rebooting. The device actually turns off while the ac power turns it back on, as it always do, to charge it. I'll be buying a new battery, soon.