Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
In a bit of a pickle…

I have just upgraded my Vodafone contract for another 18months however it’s subject to me signing off the delivery for my new handset tomorrow.

The new handset is the Xperia Arc.

I’m now not sure whether I actually want to upgrade, but not sure I can turn UPS man away when he delivers the goods tomorrow
After looking at my decision in more detail, I’ve recognized the following….

Pros for upgrade…
• Nice new Android phone
• Keep existing number without any fuss
• New phone may be more reliable (ok will be more reliable than N900)
• Could sell it and make short term profit (moving house in a few weeks )

Cons for upgrade…
• I don’t have a burning desire for a new handset, rather just upgrading for a shiny new toy
• I’m quite happy using N900 on Pay as you go sim and cancelling contract
• Could potentially save £40 per month
• Could wait till a phone I actually want comes out…(I.e. Samsung Galaxy S2, Meego Handset)

I got my girlfriend in one ear saying cancel contract , and the other ear is hearing ‘SHINY SHINY

Any ideas?

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
u should always listen to ur girlfriend!

Originally Posted by Ali View Post
u should always listen to ur girlfriend!
Haha, yea i'm thinking she might be trying to save me some cash

Originally Posted by nathaneous View Post
Haha, yea i'm thinking she might be trying to save me some cash
Well, you are moving house, so you need some $$ there. so get the phone and sell it away to make profit and stick with your n900 until another worthy phone arrived.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
hey people ..hi ..well i am kinda new to n900. i bought my n900 2 months ago,updated the software and i believe pr1.3 is the latest version of maemo i have but i dont have repositories like fremantle etc in my n900..do i need to install them and what about sdk ?do i need to install that too ?help would appreciated

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
hey people ..hi ..well i am kinda new to n900. i bought my n900 2 months ago,updated the software and i believe pr1.3 is the latest version of maemo i have but i dont have repositories like fremantle etc in my n900..do i need to install them and what about sdk ?do i need to install that too ?help would appreciated
Hey Prankster try using the power search and you should find what your looking for. To add extra repos there are many youtube videos that show you how to do this...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i7SBHV9Rqg

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
@OP sounds to be like you are trying to talk yourself into the Pros...i don't really see any

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Why ask us? Your phone, your decision, your responsibility. Anyway it is academic, you have to do what your girlfriend says, because she's the boss.
Maemo 5, Windows 7 (for MCE, MS.Word+Endnote), Debian, Ubuntu, trying to get LibreOffice Writer+Bibus working properly with EndNote bibliography, given up trying to get MythTV working with AverMedia Galaxy DVB-S USB tuner. Linux & astronomy: http://mishastro.wikispaces.com/

haha my girlfriend has ur read comments turns out everyone is a gentleman apart from me now lol.

thinking there are more cons than pros. looks like im gonna shun the delievery tomorrow

get a contract, thats probably cheaper then what your on now, and use it as second phone to your n900 ^^

gav

Tags
glad i'm me, hahaha