Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
I own a n900, and I want to upgrade. I still love my n900 but at this point I mostly use the phone and web browsing on it... and not much hacking. To call/text/surf other phones are better. I need help to decide between Android OS based phone and Nokia N9. Should I get the N9? Should I get Android? Opinions?

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
Samsung Galaxy Note.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Samsung Galaxy Note.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Why don't you grab yourself an N9?
What's stoping you?

It's a brilliant device!

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Gnote or N9

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
value for money == n9 around 280EUR

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
I'll give it to you simply. Since you mostly use a phone for call, text and web browsing, you need decide if you want simplicity and uniqueness or many features and customizations/apps.

elegant, fresh and simple option: N9.
huge database of apps and lots of features and stuff on the screen: Android.

N9 has a 3.9" screen which is the perfect size of a phone, in my opinion. Android has more variety. So it's up to you.

But as a suggestion.. Get the N9. You'll never see a more unique device in anyone's hands around you. Of course, don't ignore all the tweaks and mods you can do to make it even better. If you enjoyed hacking your N900, you'll love the N9.

Originally Posted by ioan View Post
I own a n900, and I want to upgrade. I still love my n900 but at this point I mostly use the phone and web browsing on it... and not much hacking. To call/text/surf other phones are better. I need help to decide between Android OS based phone and Nokia N9. Should I get the N9? Should I get Android? Opinions?
why not try out NITDroid on the N900?
just had SGII in my hands & watched the owner giving a demo
was thinking that i should try & install NITDroid on my spare N900 to try & help such ppl, but, heck...
why should i waste my time with that mess?
(no offense to the e-yes & folks doing a great job porting ANDroid to N9(x0), but, sorry... the worm is in the apple )
if all you want is PHONE + BROWSE + APPS (not an unlimited number, but enough to fill up your phone...) why not going for an E7 or C7?
i explicitly put x7 devices because from the top of my head that the two with a HW kbd and if you want to browse seriously, even only entering (serous) search queries in Google & Co without it...
i have a N8 & sometimes try it, more to toy around with it then to seriously search for stuff, but...
downloading apps from OVI Store is quite easy, however

or apply for a N950 ¦-))))))
from all the e-mails passing along, ½ the I-Net must have done so by know

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Brazil
do not give your money to Elop

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus or Samsung Galaxy S3...you won't be disappointed.

Why waste your money in a product that's not actively supported by Nokia anymore?

Tags
android n9