Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Is there any chance that with a wink and a nod the Neo900 could end up with the fab using real leaded as in Pb/Sn mix solder? I know it is out of EU and possibly ISO standard but depending on the shop someone might have the old stock.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
I was just wondering (didn't had the time to read all the posts - so sorry if the response is somewhere), would the Neo900 have a larger battery or would it be the same? What about expected battery life with all the new hardware in it? 1 day heavy use, maybe 2? That is to know, because now I have to charge the n900 every day or two days as I use it as my primary and only phone.

Definitely count me in for €500. Heck, count me in for €550, even if I starve for a month!
I responded €500 in the poll but if the Neo900 would be as great as the community wants it to be I could go higher (don't have a fixed budget for now, will see when it comes out), as said by pichlo "even if I starve for a month!"

Thanks to everybody making this possible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post:
how much a 64 gb emmc chip costs?
i'm hoping this board will appear soon, even with my n900 I can boot 4 os.
I know 32 gb but 8 GB I use for apps , some music ,some videos , some photos , few movies , 1 gb of space left from emmc.
CSSU-T latest version

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2013-10-10 at 18:14.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
how much a 64 gb emmc chip costs?
i'm hoping this board will appear soon, even with my n900 I can boot 4 os.
I know 32 gb but 8 GB I use for apps , some music ,some videos , some photos , few movies , 1 gb of space left from emmc.
We will look into getting 64 or even 128GB of eMMC. Difference is in the range of $$
Nikolaus curently strongly favours my "sandwich" suggestion (2nd PCB) which will add 2..3mm on height of device (figure a match laying on top of the screen, for height),
but will change feasibility for all the desired features from maybe 20% to 98%.

[edit] see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94191

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-06-07 at 12:10.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Now this may sound a stupid question but I can not imagine how the originall case will grow to fir 2-3mm more Probably I do not get something but maybe I'm not alone here

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Now this may sound a stupid question but I can not imagine how the originall case will grow to fir 2-3mm more Probably I do not get something but maybe I'm not alone here
That's pretty simple but hard to explain, and I'm a poor sketchdrawer. Think of a 2mm plastic layer on top of kbd half, like an extended kbd frame that's flush with *outer* surface of the case shell rather than inner surface. On the bright side: Nikolaus joked "we can get *everything* then, even Geiger counter "

PS: how much NAND would you realistically want to see in Neo900? (Hint: N900 has 256MB)
/j

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-12-01 at 01:14.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
PS: how much NAND would you realistically want to see in Neo900? (Hint: N900 has 256MB)
/j
512MB would allow to move some currently optified libs (e.g. qt) to NAND wchich would be great... 1GB stated on n900.org would be a dream as even more stuff could be deoptified. Obviously the more the better, e.g. 4GB (probably impossible keeping the price reasonable or due to technical reasons?) would a) gives us ability to forget about /opt on EMMC in Fremantle and move its contents fully to NAND (which has its downsides - /home on NAND could damage it after few years of usage); b) would allow flashing of bigger linux distributions (backtrack fully in NAND, anyone?).

I for example would want 1GB or more, but I could accept 512MB without nagging. If it was even more, I would be happy as a little girl

Last edited by misiak; 2013-10-11 at 07:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
IMHO making thicker a mobile that already was thick, would make it a real brick XD. Wouldn't be possible to cut some of the extras? Having more height and width would give us a bigger screen and more space, but obviously that would be another project, more difficult.

By the way, I'd love to have a Neo900 with SailfishOS, that would be a total killer XD.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Wouldn't be possible to cut some of the extras?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! How can you even suggest such an evil thing? :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Just curious especially since I have never even held one, how compatible are the connectors in the larger N810 LCD and keyboard, is there a 0% possibility of mounting a Neo900 board onto an adapter and installing into an older Maemo N-series tablet?

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!