Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
My guess is that Jolla won't achieve complete hardware support on the Xperia X before the battery in mine goes bad. And when they release the image for XA2, it won't support all the hardware components of XA2.
Changing the Xperia X's battery is a relatively easy procedure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9TlDmrWLdo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
And when they release the image for XA2, it won't support all the hardware components of XA2.
you think? i probably am to naive, but they must be able to at least achieve the same support as the xperia x will have then...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emro For This Useful Post:
Indeed ( 10 chars )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by emro View Post
you think? i probably am to naive, but they must be able to at least achieve the same support as the xperia x will have then...
Xperia X would have been their first official port to a sony android device and I would assume a massive learning curve after which they would be much better at it with another Sony device.

Also from their slides at a recent talk we should be getting the 2.2 update some day this month (May)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
is there an app that would allow X to be seen as usual usb flash drive?
no MTP.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
no MTP.
There's no need for "an app" as it can be realized via a kernel module. You'll need to use something else and not the Jolla-provided SFOSX kernel though, as that is lacking modules support.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
There's no need for "an app" as it can be realized via a kernel module. You'll need to use something else and not the Jolla-provided SFOSX kernel though, as that is lacking modules support.
And that, could be possible, by compiling needed modules out-of-tree (supposing the kernel in use is compiled with loadabke module support).
Not sure if that is the fact "in real life" though, since i cant locate any loadable modules on X.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Jolla guys should ask Sony to release X/XA2 with a LKM-ready kernel. Maybe somebody here could ask them on next meeting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
There's no need for "an app" as it can be realized via a kernel module.
And that is supposed to be somehow better? Really?

I would take "an app" any time. For all I care, the "app" may well be a kernel module, as long as it is nicely wrapped and installable through the normal idiot-proof GUI.

Sincerely yours,
Joe Public

You'll need to use something else and not the Jolla-provided SFOSX kernel though, as that is lacking modules support.
There you go. I rest my case.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
no MTP.
Yes, sort of.
Check for IsoDrive in warehouse.

You can not share your sfos content with it, but it exposes an ISO/IMG/BIN image to the usb.

It does not work with my alpine headunit for some reason but with most other usb drive expecting devices i checked.
I guess alpine wants to see a fixed directory struture.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x