Active Topics

 



Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2015
#31
did you managed to install google play ? i tried few versions and none of them worked
 
willi6868's Avatar
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 527 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
#32
Originally Posted by ukica View Post
did you managed to install google play ? i tried few versions and none of them worked
Just check this and this.
__________________
Nokia N80 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Jolla Phone & Jolla Tablet
 
coderus's Avatar
Posts: 6,153 | Thanked: 11,645 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Open Mobile Platform, Innopolis, Russia
#33
Originally Posted by ukica View Post
did you managed to install google play ? i tried few versions and none of them worked
Uploaded CWM boot files to MEGA. Press and hold volume down during boot to boot to droidboot, and then load cwm xml file to Intel Flash Tool and start flashing to boot to CWM. Flashing CWM permanently not possible yet. Using CWM you can flash opengapps for 4.4 x86, supersu and many other goodies
__________________
Twitter | Openrepos | GitHub | PayPal.Me
 

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
#34
Interesting that the firmware is available. Just an idea. Could this firmware be used to flash another device? I have an old and slow tablet, Viewsonic Viewpad 10pi that came with Windows 7 and Android 2.3 (Intel Atom Z670 Oak Trail with PowerVR GMA600 graphics). I've installed Debian on it, but it is quite slow to run a modern desktop on and the touch interface is not that good on any modern distro (at least two years ago when I tried). I guess Sailfish could be faster, but there could be problems with the graphics. It needs quite a new kernel to get any acceleration from the dreaded PowerVR graphics chip.
 
explit's Avatar
Posts: 580 | Thanked: 1,549 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
#35
Originally Posted by jukk View Post
Interesting that the firmware is available. Just an idea. Could this firmware be used to flash another device? I have an old and slow tablet, Viewsonic Viewpad 10pi that came with Windows 7 and Android 2.3 (Intel Atom Z670 Oak Trail with PowerVR GMA600 graphics). I've installed Debian on it, but it is quite slow to run a modern desktop on and the touch interface is not that good on any modern distro (at least two years ago when I tried). I guess Sailfish could be faster, but there could be problems with the graphics. It needs quite a new kernel to get any acceleration from the dreaded PowerVR graphics chip.
I think it wouldn't work without drivers. The HW of the tablet must be the same or at least compatible with the drivers in the SailfishOS Image.....
 
coderus's Avatar
Posts: 6,153 | Thanked: 11,645 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Open Mobile Platform, Innopolis, Russia
#36
at least jolla tablet firmware wont work on any other different motherboard
__________________
Twitter | Openrepos | GitHub | PayPal.Me
 

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2015
#37
Hi,

I managed to install Android. However I don't know how to install Google Play Store. I have tried some gapps packages and none of them worked. I don't know if I am installing them correctly and if I am installing the right one.

Please give me some hints. Thanks.

I was also following instructions to install gaps and they wanted TWRP. I was using adb and installing each app separately with adb install. Is that correct?
 
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2015
#38
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Uploaded CWM boot files to MEGA. Press and hold volume down during boot to boot to droidboot, and then load cwm xml file to Intel Flash Tool and start flashing to boot to CWM. Flashing CWM permanently not possible yet. Using CWM you can flash opengapps for 4.4 x86, supersu and many other goodies
Where can I get opengapps for 4.4 x86? Does x86 work or do I have to find x86_64?

Last edited by markoh; 2016-04-17 at 06:49. Reason: added a question
 
coderus's Avatar
Posts: 6,153 | Thanked: 11,645 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Open Mobile Platform, Innopolis, Russia
#39
opengapps are here: http://opengapps.org/
our android is only x86, so no x64
__________________
Twitter | Openrepos | GitHub | PayPal.Me
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2015
#40
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
opengapps are here: http://opengapps.org/
our android is only x86, so no x64
Thanks a lot. Without your help I would not be able to do anything. And I still have a question. I finally installed opengaps and now play store says "Error retrieving information from server [RH-01]". I have followed several instructions on internet how to fix it with no success. But it is much better now. Google account is added and calenda, mail, etc. are already syncing.
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:21.