Posts: 49 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by lupastro View Post
I got a question regarding the database. I got on my computer the software "Password Safe v3.29" which allows me to export in plain text/tabulated/csv.... Is there any way I can import everything into Safe? Or do I have to edit everything manually?

Manually creating the "import txt" would be possible? Is there any template for it?
No, it is not possible to import anything else than a previously exported database from Safe. I have been considering txt or xml importing, but handling of incorrectly formatted data in a user friendly way is somewhat painful. Anyway, I keep this idea on my mind still.

Last edited by Kallela; 2014-01-29 at 07:51.

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
One suggestion for the cover screen, have a lock now swipe/button?
That's a good idea and easy to implement. I will take that on my todo list for the next update.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kallela For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
How can i import my db file from n9 - the option i greyed out ?

Edit:
Got it! The safe.db file is located in "~/.local/share/harbour-safe-lite/safe.db" just replace it with your own db file by renaming it to safe.db and removing the default one!
Well, that way works too, but it's not really the one how it should be done.

When you export the Safe database file on Nokia N9, through the settings menu of Safe, it will be saved into /home/user/MyDocs/Safe directory.

Copy that file into your Jolla into /home/nemo/Safe directory. You probably have to create that Safe directory first, if it does not exist yet.

Now you can open Safe and the import database button in the settings menu is not greyed out anymore, as there is at least one database file in that /home/nemo/Safe directory.

BTW, I don't know why my comments on Safe app page in Jolla Store won't get through. I have tried to post several answers there, but the messages will disappear even on my own Jolla after few seconds. Probably some bug in the store.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kallela For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Kallela View Post
BTW, I don't know why my comments on Safe app page in Jolla Store won't get through. I have tried to post several answers there, but the messages will disappear even on my own Jolla after few seconds. Probably some bug in the store.
Is it on the Safe app page only, or is it a general problem?

No, it is not possible to import anything else than a previously exported database from Safe. I have been considering txt or xml importing, but handling of incorrectly formatted data in a user friendly way is somewhat painful. Anyway, I keep this idea on my mind still.
Well, there is always the option to make it via XML and define a very specific format in a template. And if someone introduces incorrectly formatted data, is his problem. Just pop up an Error Message, and it's done :-)

Hi,

I have noticed that after the update to Sailfish 1.0.3.8, the Safe database is gone. Whenever I start the application, I have to enter the password for a new database again.

Did it also happen to someone?

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Hi,

I have noticed that after the update to Sailfish 1.0.3.8, the Safe database is gone. Whenever I start the application, I have to enter the password for a new database again.

Yes!

10chars
Barnabas Collins

1) Yes, the end of the period is determined by time. I will release updates to extend the time, if and when needed.
2) After the expiration, Safe lite will not allow to add any new entries, unless you have less than 10. You can still browse all the previously added information, export the whole database to full version and so on.
Here we are in April, still no paid apps allowed in the Jolla store and yet this app, despite your assurances in January, will not allow more than 10 entries. So what gives with this?

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ In the Arctic part of Norway
Hi,

Yes,

deleted app afterwards.

App started deciding that I needed to pay for it but gives me no way of doing so. Developer said in Jolla comments he has no time to fix it. I seem to have no time to pay for it either then.