Notices

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
What do we do if we can't find the TV or what ever it is that we looking for?
How do we create a brand new one?
We need preciser terminology to solve this
Inside QTIrreco, you can either download a QTIrreco-Remote (an immediately usable Remote control, with buttons placed and actions assigned, but only working with QTIrreco) or a LIRC-remote config file (which describes the possible actions and IR codes emitted by an IR control device and is the building block to build a QTIrreco-Remote)).
From the former, only very few are yet available. It up to us as users to create such Remotes and upload them to the QTIrreco-Server.
Of the latter, there is a large database available, built over the years by the linux LIRC community. It is also available through the QTIrreco app when you want to prepare a new QTIrreco-Remote (the base config you need). If your remote control is not in there, you need to have LIRC or WinLIRC installed on your PC with a IR receiver, then train/learn the codes, safe them in a config, and upload them to that database.

(BTW: Did someone ever find a way to convert the available Philips Pronto database to the lirc format?)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Last edited by twaelti; 2010-02-08 at 13:34.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Also do you know if this will work for WinTV USB sticks?
You might try to work with the Hauppauge/WinTV-HVR_900
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/.../WinTV-HVR_900
It's important to know the exact manufacturer and product name.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Thanks for the replies above guys :-)

I'll check my exact modle and everything for the WINTV.

for the other remote I've tried download and creating a new one but looks like my remote/modle has not been found yet.

Samsung TV Model Number: LE32B530PTW
The remote control code: BN59-00863A

any help would be great :-)

My Blog

Originally Posted by nirpe View Post
New version out and improved tutorial video at youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sVyNrhE1kA
nirpe, thanks for information and great application.

I already successfully enabled few remotes, but I have problem with Philips RC 4302, where IR transmission does not work. I noticed that this remote uses some RAW codes (I don't understand quite much), which is obviously somehow different from other working remotes. Could be problem in these RAW codes?

Samsung TV Model Number: LE32B530PTW
The remote control code: BN59-00863A

any help would be great :-)
stobbsc, why don't you try remote BN59-00937A. It's quite similar and could work.
I have Samsung monitor/TV and I loaded similar remote, because mine is not in database, which works great.

hi guys

i have downloaden en succesfully used qtirecco but suddenly the app wont work anymore my tv doesnt respond anymore when i press a button
any ideas?

Sorry for butting in. I have tried, for weeks now, installing the QTIrreco but somehow it is looking for lirc installation. I tried the suggested install steps, e.g. /etc/init.d/lirc start, but lirc is not found. I do not know where to get lirc files and install them. Can someone direct me to it? A link will be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by linuxkid View Post
Sorry for butting in. I have tried, for weeks now, installing the QTIrreco but somehow it is looking for lirc installation. I tried the suggested install steps, e.g. /etc/init.d/lirc start, but lirc is not found. I do not know where to get lirc files and install them. Can someone direct me to it? A link will be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks.
someone more into linux may correct me, but I think qtirreco has dependencies to lirc. So normaly you install it out of a repository, lirc gets installed too. install rootsh if you haven't, open xterminal, get root "sudo gainroot", run "apt-get update". that should cofrrect missing dependencies.

Any codes for warfdale as i cant see that make in irreco or qtirreco,

Originally Posted by raily View Post
someone more into linux may correct me, but I think qtirreco has dependencies to lirc. So normaly you install it out of a repository, lirc gets installed too. install rootsh if you haven't, open xterminal, get root "sudo gainroot", run "apt-get update". that should cofrrect missing dependencies.
I tried that but somehow the install fails looking for LIRC. I do not think LIRC comes with QTIrreco package.

Tags
irreco, qtirreco