Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
My N9 very often will randomly jump to 4% battery, usually after a short charge. Battery stats say discharged from 40% to 4% in 1 hour, with average usage over 500mA. Anyone else have this problem?

Happens to me to sometimes. I think it its a bug. Havnt checked the bugzilla. Maybe its time to post as a bug?

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
It happened to me as well once when I was taking pictures & videos continuously. It suddenly gave the message low battery. So, I stopped using it then later may be after an hour or so it was back to around 20% and I didn't recharge or anything.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
I'd say it's time yes. I've been web browsing on 0% for about the past hour, so I'd say it's just a measuring bug rather than actually draining the battery, so the lesser of two evils I guess.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
And how if ur battery is got damaged? Can you replace n9 battery? What a joke. Nokia nokia. Hhmmmm. I prefer waiting for sgs3 now, no physical keyboard and unchangeable battery? I guess no. Maemo is died. N900 still rule!

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
And how if ur battery is got damaged? Can you replace n9 battery? What a joke. Nokia nokia. Hhmmmm. I prefer waiting for sgs3 now, no physical keyboard and unchangeable battery? I guess no. Maemo is died. N900 still rule!
you can replace the battery in nokia care or do it yourself if you are capable enough of taking apart n9,

who need the extra physical keyboard which only make the phone bulky and not durable and dust magnet.

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
None of this makes any sense.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
same problem here...simply reboot your phone and it will show you the true percentage of the battery. its not advisable to continue using at 4% or below as the phone may be tapping on the reserve power instead. reboot and you will restore it to the 20% or so before it fell down.

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
yes same here already happened to me

I had similar issue on my N9, sometimes battery discharged extremely quickly. PR1.1 solved that problem (along many-many-many others ), now with 3G switched on all the time, battery lasts for 3 days (before it lasted for 3 hours with 3G on all the time).