Notices

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Smyrna, Atlanta / Bangalore, India
Hi Friends,

Off late I am facing a weird issue with my 1 year old N900 which has been working rock solid all along.

ISSUE: My n900 keeps waking up every now and then intermittently..i.e. after the display has turned off after 30 sec {BACK LIGHT SET TIME} ..The display switches on again and nothing happens.

If I touch the screen at that instance the desktop goes to edit mode and nothing works after that..I have to press the ctrl+backspace to access the desktop again but immediately it goes back to edit mode again. - as shown in attached screen shot

I have attached the output of PS along with all the packages installed on my n900. Can someone help me to troubleshoot the issue? Plan to re flash if nothing works out.

PS: I tried searching Google and the forum with strings like “n900 touch screen issue”, “n900 keeps waking up” but nothing is related to the issue I am facing.

I am using Power-kernel 47 with latest CSSU updates

Please help me in resolving this.

Thanks
Bipin
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip ps and installe packages.zip (17.2 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by bipinbn; 2011-05-22 at 05:48.

Originally Posted by bipinbn View Post
Hi Friends,

Off late I am facing a weird issue with my 1 year old N900 which has been working rock solid all along.

ISSUE: My n900 keeps waking up every now and then intermittently..i.e. after the display has turned off after 30 sec {BACK LIGHT SET TIME} ..The display switches on again and nothing happens.

If I touch the screen at that instance the desktop goes to edit mode and nothing works after that..I have to press the ctrl+backspace to access the desktop again but immediately it goes back to edit mode again. - as shown in attached screen shot

I have attached the output of PS along with all the packages installed on my n900. Can someone help me to troubleshoot the issue? Plan to re flash if nothing works out.

PS: I tried searching Google and the forum with strings like “n900 touch screen issue”, “n900 keeps waking up” but nothing is related to the issue I am facing.

I am using Power-kernel 47 with latest CSSU updates

Please help me in resolving this.

Thanks
Bipin
And i thought only i was facing the issue. Same issue with me. I actually flashed my n900 with latest version (both emmc and os) and am still facing the issue. I think its purely hardware problem. Something to do touchscreen

The Following User Says Thank You to naninenu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Smyrna, Atlanta / Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by naninenu View Post
And i thought only i was facing the issue. Same issue with me. I actually flashed my n900 with latest version (both emmc and os) and am still facing the issue. I think its purely hardware problem. Something to do touchscreen
I dont think its an hardware issue. Because after I reboot the phone or kill hildon-desktop I dont see the issue for some time.

It start happening after 10-15 minutes after reboot.

I am not able to zero in on any software which i recently installed that might be causing this..i have all repos enabled an keep installing/uninstalling apps..

Someone Please help us with this...

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi,

Don't know if actually related but there are two entries in your ps file

3977 user 2692 S sleep 600
4025 root 2692 S sleep 600

which mean that will complete something after 10 minutes.

In any case looks strange. I will not be surprised if this from an app you got from devel.

I have a similar problem, posted in this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73330

would be thankful for a solution!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
if it is not 2years old then send it back to Nokia for inspection.
First flashing it with a new firmware and if it doesn't solve the problem then send it away.

This is most likely software. Uninstall each software you have one by one, if it does not solve the issue after waiting for a few hours re-install it again.

Thank you all for the suggestion guys..

How much weird it may sound but the issue was with the screen protector.

I read some other thread and as suggested there I removed the screen guard which had become very old and the gum underneath had become hard.

The problem is gone now !!!! weird but true

Thanks again!!!