Notices

According to Help-About in Garnet VM 5 v1.0.4 beta "This version will expire on May, 31st 2010". What then? I see no news at www.access-company.com.

Do you use the Garnet VM? I rely on it to run a Palm application for which I have found no adequate replacement under Maemo (it's GedStar Pro). The GVM runs well on my N900.

Will the GVM die? What chance of reprieve? Is there a work-around?

The Following User Says Thank You to jam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Las Vegas
We don't know the answer to that question. The usual practice has been for Access to release a new version just before the current one expires. But I don't think anyone knows for sure if they'll keep this up, as they do make a platform that directly competes with Maemo.

I hope they do release a new version. I use GVM quite a bit. It's definitely the best palm emulator out there right now IMO.

We can only hope...

The Following User Says Thank You to FreeThinker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Did you ask Access themselves?

http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/147801

The Following User Says Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
We don't know the answer to that question. The usual practice has been for Access to release a new version just before the current one expires. But I don't think anyone knows for sure if they'll keep this up, as they do make a platform that directly competes with Maemo.
I'd love to see Access on my N810.

AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Phoenix, Arizona
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Did you ask Access themselves?
I sent them an email about 10 days ago. No reply.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
Some Questions about Garnet VM on the n900.

I wanted to use this software especially since my wife has a Palm Centro. If the emulator "license / permissions" will end in a couple of weeks however, is it worth it to try an install?

It seems like Access doen't have many mainstream apps, why not offer an official version that they will support and make it available for a small price?

BTW why isn't there a thread (or download section) dedicated to installing Garnet VM on the n900? It seems like it has some people interested in using it on the n900, yet you have to really search to find a post with step by step instructions?

The Following User Says Thank You to lorul2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
We had this very same discussion 6 months ago, and ACCESS dutifully released the next version. So no reason to panic.

only 6 days to go is it time to panic yet??

The Following User Says Thank You to paul42 For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

Beta (yes, STILL Beta) 1.05b "Beta 6" was posted on 27-May. Same drill as before; enter your info and it sends you a link for the download. Still free. This version has an Expire date of 30-November 2010 (6 months lease on life). No clue what happens then, but this game they're playing with us is getting old...

http://www.access-company.com/products/gvm/index.html

Enjoy,

Greg.