Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
I just got around to trying this app, not having noticed the posts about the google purchase, API changes and reduced functionality. It looks to me like it's completely dead now. I tried to sign up with the "new user" button, and I was able to pick a user name and password, but this combination doesn't work on the waze.com website.

Also navigation never appears, there are no events, etc. I see a warning about a GPS problem . . .

I'm too late to the party, aren't I? Bummer.

I have it and use it without much problems (occasional crash). I get warnings and navigation as well. Maybe a problem with your install. Also occasionally the program refuses to do searches when waze is doing something with their servers. Happened to me for a long while.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Maybe a problem with your install.
Maybe it is. Since repo.pub.meego.com is gone, I had to get it from a mirrored repository.

However, since I didn't see any errors when installing and the application does launch and run, I'm still more inclined to believe that the new user registration isn't working anymore.

Hey guys - Can someone reply?

Waze on my N9 simply does not launch. I have tried to install it again - but still the same result.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Pratyush View Post
Hey guys - Can someone reply?

Waze on my N9 simply does not launch. I have tried to install it again - but still the same result.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
What happens if you run it from the terminal?

Code:
/opt/waze/bin/waze

Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
What happens if you run it from the terminal?

Code:
/opt/waze/bin/waze

Hi, Here is what I get. Could not make the head or tail out of it:

/opt/waze/bin/waze
15:50:43.746 s..debug.. qt/roadmap_device.cc, line 67 roadmap_backlight_initialize() - Current setting : Yes [File: 'qt/roadmap_device.cc';Line: 67]
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied" "Rejected send message, 3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.58126" (uid=29999 pid=8191comm="/opt/waze/bin/waze ") interface="com.nokia.mce.request" member="req_tklock_mode_change"error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="com.nokia.mce" (uid=0 pid=557 comm="/sbin/mce --force-syslog "))"
"" ""
15:50:44.251 sInfo ---> qt/qt_device.cpp, line65 disabling the screensaver: ok [File:'qt/qt_device.cpp'; Line: 65]
15:50:44.251 s..debug.. qt/roadmap_device.cc, line 82 roadmap_set_backlight() - Current setting : Yes [File: 'qt/roadmap_device.cc';Line: 82]
15:50:44.252 s..debug.. roadmap_power.c, line 97 Starting the periodic for power. Period: 30000. [File: 'roadmap_power.c'; Line: 97]
15:50:44.252 s..debug.. roadmap_map_settings.c, line 116 intialiazing map settings [File:'roadmap_map_settings.c'; Line: 116]
15:50:44.253 s..debug.. roadmap_download_settings.c, line 85 intialiazing map settings [File: 'roadmap_download_settings.c'; Line: 85]
15:50:44.301 sInfo ---> qt/qt_main.cc, line 102 main thread id: 984388032 [File: 'qt/qt_main.cc'; Line: 102]
Found SGX/MBX driver, enabling FullClearOnEveryFrame
Found v1.4 driver, enabling brokenTexSubImage
15:50:44.477 s..debug.. roadmap_screen.c, line3172 In roadmap_screen_configure. width:200, height:100 [File: 'roadmap_screen.c'; Line: 3172]
15:50:44.478 s..debug.. roadmap_screen.c, line3177 B4 RoadMapScreenInitialized:0 [File:'roadmap_screen.c'; Line: 3177]
15:50:44.922 sInfo ---> roadmap_dbread.c, line408 Opening database file fips:77001, index:-1[File: 'roadmap_dbread.c'; Line: 408]
15:50:44.923 sERROR !!! roadmap_gzm.c, line 95bad map file format of map77001.wzm [File:'roadmap_gzm.c'; Line: 95]
waze: editor/db/editor_db.c:380: editor_db_read: Assertion `data' failed.
Aborted
~ $

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
hey guys, does waze still works in N900 as of today? can anyone managed to get this working on N900? I have it installed in my N900, but it kept searching for network even though i am already connected to 3G (or wifi)

Location setting was set to:

GPS setting: supl.google.com
GPS status: Fine Accuracy (Satellite icon on the menubar is solid as in not blinking)

Here's a screenshot of waze on my n900..not sure why but sometimes the km/h is between 0-7km/h lol..

Name:  screenshot02.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  19.5 KB

I can search for places from "Drive to" near my place. But when i tapped to go, waze just crashed and closed itself..i have tried to apt-get install --reinstall waze, but the problem still persists..

Last edited by one1002; 2013-11-07 at 07:15.

My waze does not work on the N9 as well. Really need someone to answer this.

Originally Posted by Pratyush View Post
My waze does not work on the N9 as well. Really need someone to answer this.
Has it ever worked for you? I tried using it after waze began, as damagedspline put it "killing their legacy servers." I've never been able to actually get past login/signup. "Searching network . . ." message appears and nothing else happens. I've tried installing it from several backups of the old appsformeego repo (rzr's backup, rzr's repo at openrepos, appsformeego at openrepos), all to no avail.

In an earlier post, damagedspline wrote:
Unless Google hire me, this port is dead.
The APIs are no longer as were in v2. You can still navigate but dont expect anything more than that (scoreboard, POI, reports, etc...)
I'm guessing that new user signup is a casualty of the changes.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Open Source Capitol of the World
Absolutely working on N900. With all known limitations. Routing is completely functional.

Searching works sometimes. Simpler the search term the better. Cannot search a second time without a panic.

FYI, searching is problematic on the latest release for Android. Bing has to be going away as search engine after Google's purchase...