Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I remember when the JooJoo tablet went for incredible prices once it got discontinued and folks entered into a buying frenzy, then again with the Grid 10 tablet.

And if you were patient, the prices dropped to next to nothing. Buyers, don't fall for the "unobtainium" of a recently discontinued device. Sellers... good luck finding folks that want your stuff at such an elevated price. I wouldn't blame you at all if you wanted to capitalize on their frenzy.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by explit View Post
http://www.ebay.de/itm/272295375246?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Sold for 612,00 EUR

http://www.ebay.de/itm/252448406684?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Sold for 527,00 EUR

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I remember when the JooJoo tablet went for incredible prices once it got discontinued and folks entered into a buying frenzy, then again with the Grid 10 tablet.

And if you were patient, the prices dropped to next to nothing. Buyers, don't fall for the "unobtainium" of a recently discontinued device. Sellers... good luck finding folks that want your stuff at such an elevated price. I wouldn't blame you at all if you wanted to capitalize on their frenzy.
IMHO, it depends on how much people are ready to pay for a Linux Tablet. There are still no alternatives on the market...
Somebody knows a good Linux Tablet for a lower price?

For me i set a limit of 500,- eur.
I was ready to pay up to 500 eur for a good Linux (Not Android) Tablet.
I got my jTab 64GB + Lastu for 470 eur.
of couse its a huge amount of cash (for me, i have only half-time-job) but this was under my limit of 500,- eur.

And thats because there are no alternatives, not because there are only 670 devices produced....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Let's wake up guys.
Oh no. It should be
Let's go to bed for a dream.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bnwg For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
IMHO, it depends on how much people are ready to pay for a Linux Tablet. There are still no alternatives on the market...
Very true. But I doubt that's going to stay that way very long. Ubuntu might get their **** together, release a device that uses a decent processor that isn't MediaTek or isn't recently discontinued (read: Intel Atom).

Somebody knows a good Linux Tablet for a lower price?
We're all looking for that brother.

And thats because there are no alternatives, not because there are only 670 devices produced....
Again, true. I just think that it's outrageous to pay that much money for something that is invariably limited out of the box. Not that you cannot add to your experience via community and installing what will make you happy.

I just know that they are more functioning devices out at this moment (read: laptop) but are the wrong type of form factor (read: laptop) yet more devices might address this gaping hole that the Jolla tablet was attempting to fulfill.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
It may be a linux tablet but what can the average user run on it? - it just does not have the native apps

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zenecho For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
entering >500€ makes me go with Bundyo and stamp it as the outcome of a collectors race.

Similar experiences can be made with record collections.
My wife buys stashes of records, then evaluates and sells them individually since more than 20 years. You never know which rich bastard wakes up to your auction and doubles the price.
The highest score ever was "Mordbuben AG - Bleib Blöd (1979)" with whooping 230€ when estimated ~100€.
Never underestimated the greed of collectors and the chaos theory

*snip* not because there are only 670 devices produced....
Only for the record, there exist more than the 670 offficially delivered tablets. We do not know how many have been sold off to/from china.
Could be between 100 and 3000 more?

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-11 at 16:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Wow , crazy prices. I got £92.50 for mine

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Wow , crazy prices. I got £92.50 for mine
Pre- or post-Brexit £? (Sorry, couldn't resist )
Either way, you have my commiseration. You could have been RICH!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Pre- or post-Brexit £? (Sorry, couldn't resist )
Either way, you have my commiseration. You could have been RICH!
Imagine the refund post brexit! It might have swayed my vote for an extra tenner

Jolla will wait it out for second refund, just so we get even less next time hahaha

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
It may be a linux tablet but what can the average user run on it? - it just does not have the native apps
An average user would not buy such exotic hardware / software at all.

He would buy something, what runs oob, not something to tinker with...

I think, we are no average users, thats why we have maemo / meego / sailfish, and why we are here at tmo.
devices for average users are boring.... ;-)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post: