Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think that's more likely the case actually.

When the principal company has announced an official availability date, they'll be shipping the products out to their retailers sometime before the date to make sure they'll all be stocked by the d-day. Unless they've implemented an iron-clad rule\agreement that the retailers have to follow (like Apple, Nintendo, etc) then the retailers will have the products days before the launch date to distribute.

Nokia itself will probably stick to the official schedule..
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
What's with the scrolling desktop lag @2:06? I've seen this a bit and it concerns me a bit. With the processing power I expect this to be smoother.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gorgon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ MA, USA
Originally Posted by Gorgon View Post
What's with the scrolling desktop lag @2:06? I've seen this a bit and it concerns me a bit. With the processing power I expect this to be smoother.
I had exactly that thought, but then my next immediate thought was, "he has 11 apps running at one." My 3.xxGHz Core 2 Duo hesitates sometimes, too. I know it's not a perfect comparison but he did have a lot of live content on his desktop while scrolling.

Lag happens...even on the iPhone. Electronics can never always be perfect when made by imperfect beings.

Yes lag is understandable, especially with so many apps open.

With that said, I've seen pretty much every preview video of this device and I'm sorry (and a little frustrated) to say that they all demonstrate laggy, jerky transitions. Even with 1 or 2 applications open.

I'm really excited about this device but the compositing... needs work.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayBomb999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by rjcooke View Post
I had exactly that thought, but then my next immediate thought was, "he has 11 apps running at one." My 3.xxGHz Core 2 Duo hesitates sometimes, too. I know it's not a perfect comparison but he did have a lot of live content on his desktop while scrolling.
Try with browser open + Flash using 99% CPU. I sometimes don't notice performance difference, except the laptop gets warm. Well, that, and I wondered why battery got empty quickly. CPU applets distract me, so...

My point is: something using all resources might not be noticeable until it matters.