Active Topics

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
OmG, unbelievable!
Thank you all for voting for that little piece of SW.
Really: I never expected that.

CONGRATS to all winners!

NB: is two second places one first?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2012-09-28 at 07:39. Reason: added congratulations

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
For my case, i already own a n950, so no need of a second one but i accept an n9 (will be easier to test and deploy on clean final device applications)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Thank you all for voting Lone Wolf.

EDIT: And congrats to all the winners.

Last edited by sakya; 2012-09-28 at 12:12.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Oh I made it at least third place that's great.
Thank you all for voting. When I hold the Harmattan device in my hands I will port my application.

I am also fine if devices get changed. I like hardware keyboard more than a software keyboard. But I think many are willing to change N9 for N950.

Congratulation to all winners and thank you to all participants for the nice applications and big thanks to all people who are involved in organizing this competition.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hi kojacker,

I never really expected to make it second place in both categories.
But (as I did too much pro sports in earlier days) second winner is first looser

I really would love to go away with a N950.
So if it matches somehow, that there is a N950 instead of a N9 available, I would say: Hey me me !

Maybe it will be easier for you to sort it out for all winners if we open a new section in wiki where all winner post their wishes (e.g.khertan wants a N9).?

Regards
and thanks for all that work and enthusiasm.
peterleinchen

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
There you are:
[...snip..]

Congratulations to all the ("preliminary"?) winners.

As posted before I propose that these results are treated as preliminary in order to allow protest in case there are objections.
After, say 24 or 48 hours, when there had been no protest or possible objections could be checked these results would then become the official final results.
I encourage everyone to cross-check these results.
I added the last places manually as the voting script does not print out the last place.
Thanks Wonko I feel pretty bad for those guys placed low down - I use and like some of those apps! You're all mean!

But I think it shows there really were a lot of great applications. So well done to everyone

What happens next is, as Wonko suggests, we'll give the results a day or two to settle. Sometime towards the end of the weekend I'll reach out to those in the top places with a view to allocating devices. Finally we'll settle the community bounty for those who have skipped a device/been placed in the runners up positions. Then we'll take stock of everything and see what we can do to make it better for you guys in 2013

Oh I nearly forgot! I believe we'll have one more prize still to be allocated for the best N900 app. That will be awarded after the main prizes are settled, so stay tuned for more news on that too

If you'd like to check your vote or verify the votes as received you can see them all via the maemo.org/vote page. Simply go to there, chose which of the categories you'd like to see, and click the "list of all votes" link to see the breakdown. The vote is listed for each anonymous voter token.

Edit: I've had a question already about one application being more worthy than another but the vote reflects (I hope) what the community wishes to reward so it's hard to argue with that.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Kajaani, Finland
I must say that I'm a lucky bastard to read this great result using N900 while having a lunch =)

BioPower @ 4th place on Other category is better than I expected with such a marginal application. I am really really happy about this result!

Thank you all the people who voted for BioPower! You rock and really made my day!

Since I already have N9 at my disposal (though provided by my employee) I would like to have N950, if possible. If not, N9 is ok too considering that my personal N900 will eventually die.

Congratulations to other developers, too!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jukra For This Useful Post:
Congrats to all that won!

I really wanted an N950 - but maybe next time?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Malaysia
Thanks guys for voting WifiTrans in Network and Communications category. To thank all the users, I would like to make the application FREE from now on.

Thank you so much for the organizer, developers and users (voters)

P/S: originally WifiTrans is made to be free on this 2 weeks, now it will be free, FOREVER.......

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cckwes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Modrana received the recognition it earned. Congatulations to Saera, WifiTrans and genwall, MeeCoLay and SIM-Switcher, qMetro and Kana of The Day, too.
I can only hope that some people might decline some of their awards, and eventually some numbers may be changed - fourteen is too dull, four or seven or thirteen or seventeen or forty two would be better.
I wonder, how many people have voted for my application? Looking up... Thirty four voters (of ninety five voters in this category) included Virtransim into their list, and of them only eight voters put VirtRanSim onto a place after fourteenth (places 21, 17, 21, 22, 18, 19, 20, 21); three voters put Virtransim onto the first place (myself one of the three voters). Not bad, considering that I have done no "advertising" of it.
Since I am hardly going to get a new device, I just have got to turn my device into an object of envy for others, in terms of functionality. And gluing it together is the first step...
Originally Posted by cckwes View Post
Thanks guys for voting WifiTrans in Network and Communications category. To thank all the users, I would like to make the application FREE from now on.
Thank you so much for the organizer, developers and users (voters)
P/S: originally WifiTrans is made to be free on this 2 weeks, now it will be free, FOREVER.......
Thank you.
Best wishes. Everlasting gratitude.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas