Active Topics

Originally Posted by chris_n9 View Post
Do you have a source for working spare batteries for the N9?
Don't know where in the world you are, but have you considered trying Akku Polarcell equivalent for N9/Lumia 800?

Whilst it is a bit tedious never found particularly onerous to use Ctrl -c to terminate flasher a minute or so after reaching 10% battery. How long are you leaving the 3.3V on charge (pulsing white LED) before attempting booting?

Personally wouldn't have any qualms about flashing firmware as in my experience only had two dead N9 unable to recover, which was caused by not unusual EMMC failure with time. When you say battery not strong enough to "fully boot", I was wondering what you have to lose here by not flashing.

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Don't know where in the world you are, but have you considered trying Akku Polarcell equivalent for N9/Lumia 800?

Whilst it is a bit tedious never found particularly onerous to use Ctrl -c to terminate flasher a minute or so after reaching 10% battery. How long are you leaving the 3.3V on charge (pulsing white LED) before attempting booting?

Personally wouldn't have any qualms about flashing firmware as in my experience only had two dead N9 unable to recover, which was caused by not unusual EMMC failure with time. When you say battery not strong enough to "fully boot", I was wondering what you have to lose here by not flashing.
I am located in Germany, so Polarcell may be an option. Thanks for this suggestion.

The problem with my "new" spare battery is, that it is going from low to 100% while charging very fast. So the flasher more or less started flashing immediately. I was not really sure, if the battery holds enough juice for the flashing. Ctrl-C wasn't really possible.

At the moment, the only way to get the battery charged somewhat is this method (https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...8&postcount=14) after trying a really lot of things before.