Notices

Poll: Is this application useful to you?
Poll Options
Is this application useful to you?

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I don't think it got an official port to Maemo 5, but maybe you can take a look at the Arora code. It's a Qt webkit browser that ran well under Maemo 4, and it seems to be a very active project.
The issue seems to only affect maemo5 and, even worst, I suspect was introduced with PR1.2 becuase it didn't exist while using the experimental packages.

Unless it is a project that already works on maemo5 and has disabled the word completition probably won't help much with the issue at hand. Aurora is a great browser/project though.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Update

In consideration for the testers and hoping some people can find it useful as it is I just promoted the package to extras.

Because it takes a long time to have a package go trough testing I decided to move forward with the current version even with the "predictive text on input fields" bug. I am working on two different ways of fixing the problem and will upload them to extras-devel/testing as I get them ready.

I added this note to the first post on this thread:

IMPORTANT: There are some issues with how the QtWebkit handles input text on Qt4.6: the predictive input has some bugs for input fields. It is specially bad for password fields, making very hard to type them. The best work around until we get Qt4.7 is to type the password somewhere else, copy and paste it on the password field.

On another note: I tried to compile Arora for the n900 and it was quite easy. Unfortunately it would take a long time to adjust the user interface to work on the n900. It did help me figure out that the "predictive input" bug exists only on the QGraphicsWebView (not on QWebView).

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I agree.... I can't say for sure but I think it is something that has changed with PR1.2.

I tried to look for a way to disable it but because this thread and the test voting was not getting any hits I did not spend much time on it - I assumed people had found a replacement for it and there was not need to continue its development
Fcrochik,
This is really excellent and I agree that some sites just work better using Macuco.

The biggest fiddly bit for me is also the predictive text on usernames and passwords.
John

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
As I don't particularly like widgets on the desktop(s), this app is great for quick browsing and social networking. It appears much quicker, as expected I guess, than say Opera10. So far only minor probs with passwords, and leafpad etc. copy-paste worked well. Occasionally little sticky with page scrolling, otherwise, great app! Thank you Fcrochik!

Just uploaded a new version of macuco2 (0.1.2) to extras-devel

There is one single change with this version that should avoid the "predictive text input bug" and allow you to enter passwords again.

I will wait couple days before moving it to testing. Please post to this thread if it works for you (or not) and any comments about this release.

Felipe

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
i love macuco i think is awesome (the icon ot so much lol) but i realli think is an awesome idea, the only thing is that in my case seems to work only on wifi not on cellphone data... why? can u help me pls?

Originally Posted by CYPHERC View Post
i love macuco i think is awesome (the icon ot so much lol) but i realli think is an awesome idea, the only thing is that in my case seems to work only on wifi not on cellphone data... why? can u help me pls?
It should work with any connection you can get data from the internet. I use all the time with my ATT connection.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

yes i dont know why, i actually didnt use it anymore because of that, but i just try again and it did work, so i guess something was wrong.

But moving on, can u do the adress bar? and the loading status bar? just asking... i think that may be a lot of work but that will make it look better and more professional

browsing and input fields work very well.
Nevertheless the app could be optified (256KB). Each KB helps.

When I push "Add bookmark" the app closes unexpected.

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
browsing and input fields work very well.
Nevertheless the app could be optified (256KB). Each KB helps.

When I push "Add bookmark" the app closes unexpected.
I will fix both issues with the next release.

Thanks,
Felipe

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: