Posts: 19 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Pernik, Bulgaria
Hello,
I ported Jolla's Sailfish OS for Motorola Photon Q. Though it's developed for and tested on Photon Q only, it should work on other Motorola devices as well (it's based on CyanogenMod's moto_msm8960_jbbl sources):
List of supported devices:
  • Atrix HD (mb886)
  • Photon Q 4G LTE (xt897)
  • Droid RAZR M (xt907)
  • RAZR HD (xt925)
  • CDMA RAZR HD (xt926)
The port is a work in progress, but I will greatly appreciated it if someone is willing to try it out.
For current status of hardware support please refer to https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris and look for the Motorola Photon Q row.
For more information and the image please visit:
http://www.vladislavonline.com/sailfishos-for-photon-q/

Last edited by vevgeniev; 2015-12-27 at 16:14.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to vevgeniev For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Thanks for this! This active development of a Sailfish adaptation is just the justification I need to buy a sim-modded Photon Q at some point this year. I will certainly try it out if/once I do make that purchase.

In the meantime, please keep at it--there certainly is interest in your work. It's helpful that you are also targeting similar devices with your adaptation. I recall that the Xperia Pro Sailfish porter generated much more interest (and testers) when the project was expanded to the other Xperia models from that 2011 generation.

Good luck!

Last edited by klinglerware; 2015-12-27 at 16:59.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
I finally did purchase a Photon Q a couple of months ago, and have been enjoying the Sailfish experience on it. It certainly is quirky at times, but quite usable for being a work in progress. Dare I say, the experience as a user and the optimistic feeling engendered by the improvements being made by the community every day remind me of the heyday of the N900.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Good to see Photon Q owner here. I bought it recently with hope that sailfish port will be daily usable so I would put my n900 to drawer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Bump, 2.0.2.48 Aurajoki available for photon.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Using it now. Feels a little more resource hungry than previous versions, but still a mostly good experience, with a few of the usual quirks.

Thank you, elros34, for your patches by the way. They make the experience feel more polished.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfishos, xt897