Poll: Will you buy Speaker Switcher for N9?
Poll Options
Will you buy Speaker Switcher for N9?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I asked for a "Phone Speaker Switcher" app for the N9, and Iktwo has kindly taken on the request and has just released v0.1.

***FULL VERSION NOW IN STORE***
http://store.ovi.com/content/252458?...e=search&pos=1

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2yp2jIK178

Info & Download:
Originally Posted by Iktwo View Post
A little POC, no interface, no switch (on/off), just an icon, launch it and it will activate and deactive speaker with the proximity sensor, I'm working on the full daemon solution with integration in settings but for now here it is: http://iktwo.wikidot.com/local--file....0.1_armel.deb please test it and give me feedback..

PD: it take a lot of time (800ms) to swith speaker on and almost no time to switch it off, I'm looking into it, but maybe there's no easy way to speed it up..

Last edited by F2thaK; 2012-02-09 at 23:28.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
I'll pay also...

And for eSpeakCaller also!

Thanks
Milko

The Following User Says Thank You to matimilko For This Useful Post:
N9 is missing physical keyboard and I think camera button so it is only used by proximity I think it is bad people will here the person on the phone when you move your ear away

The Following User Says Thank You to tonypower88 For This Useful Post:
I'll pay for it too. This is probably the most missed app going to the N9 from the N900 for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Hi, could you explain to me how the app works? my N900 it's far I can't get it soon, maybe I could develop this application, I think that you want to activate speakers when phone it's away and deactivate them when you put it next to your ear? is it right? if so, I think I might be able to do it..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iktwo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Iktwo View Post
Hi, could you explain to me how the app works? my N900 it's far I can't get it soon, maybe I could develop this application, I think that you want to activate speakers when phone it's away and deactivate them when you put it next to your ear? is it right? if so, I think I might be able to do it..
That's precisely what it does. It also did something else on the N900 but it really was of no consequence to me. Auto speakerphone though is truly a blessing..

The Following User Says Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
A little POC, no interface, no switch (on/off), just an icon, launch it and it will activate and deactive speaker with the proximity sensor, I'm working on the full daemon solution with integration in settings but for now here it is: http://iktwo.wikidot.com/local--file....0.1_armel.deb please test it and give me feedback..

PD: it take a lot of time (800ms) to swith speaker on and almost no time to switch it off, I'm looking into it, but maybe there's no easy way to speed it up..

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Iktwo For This Useful Post:
It works, but doesnt change state of the button in the phone app.

Other than that its almost perfect!

I will donate now, where can I send you some $$$?

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post: