Active Topics

Notices

^ but on many sites i read Nokia says portraite mode come to N900// with future updates

hope 1.2 lets dream come true

Last edited by Mazi; 2010-02-21 at 19:25.

Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
^ but on many sites i read Nokia says portraite mode come to N900// with future updates

hope 1.2 lets dream come true
I highly doubt it. Nokia always says it will comes eventually and it always does, but eventually usually takes them more than a couple of months.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
I don't know how many times I've said this.

Never. Believe. ANY. Site. Unless. There. Is. Ultimate. Proof. That. It. Came. From. Nokia.

It's speculation and feature-hungry people that give Nokia a bad rep.

And PR1.2's primary task is to officially bring Qt 4.6 (source: Maemo Weekly, a trustable source.) to Maemo 5, so I doubt that there is going to be anything else major.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
This script is nice. Will it affect the batterylife due to the polling on the accelerometer?

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Hasn't it been stated a million times that N900 won't get rotate until harmattan, so it might be integrated later this month in the meego release, but doubt it will come in PR1.2.

Or have I understood everything wrong? :P

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I hope they will add better webcam support for GTalk and other plugins on PR1.2 :P

Ontopic:
Nice script
Love it

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Heh. Very nice script.

Although, you don't want to mess around too much with it. Things can crash. A lot. Of things.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by misterm View Post
This script is nice. Will it affect the batterylife due to the polling on the accelerometer?
Its python, it will drain your battery very fast as in usual.

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
RotateScreen for Nokia N900

1. copy rotate.py to root dir /

2. open xterm:

root [enter]
cd / [enter]
python rotate.py [enter]

3. minimize window and rotate phone!

4. to revert to default, reboot

video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvXUAM8bnkc

Hi..
I've got the program CuteExplorer so i can watch any folder.. I can se the file rotate.py is in the root-folder, but i keep getting this text after your guide..:

python: can't open file 'ratate.py': [Errno 2] No such file pr directory...

Thats Weird

I've got it....
frist i put it into
/root/
but it have to be in
/

But i'm still looking for a keyboard like normal nokia so i kan flip my phone en type messsages with one hand... That will be great