Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Dont register as a new account, start it as an existing account....throw a thanks ;-)
just tried and i get the same message ):<
and as far as the thread i'm the only one

Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Ok on the N810 at least dont start it as a new account, start with use an existing accont, i did and it works.
same here on the n900

Originally Posted by Sadavyk View Post
just tried and i get the same message ):<
and as far as the thread i'm the only one
Happened to me about four times then I did something random and it worked. But it was so random I can't even remember what it was. Ah I remember - I logged on to facebook on my laptop. Not sure if that was why it worked but it certainly didn't work until I did that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Happened to me about four times then I did something random and it worked. But it was so random I can't even remember what it was. Ah I remember - I logged on to facebook on my laptop. Not sure if that was why it worked but it certainly didn't work until I did that.
i'll try login off my pc than trying

Originally Posted by Sadavyk View Post
i'll try login off my pc than trying
dou u know your username? it's different to your email adress or the chaine cahracter befor the @ in your email adress.

Does facebook chat now support video calling? Just noticed that the jabber contacts also have a call entry as well as IM. Not sure this was there when I set it up earlier today (or late yesterday now actually).

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
I don't want this populating contacts - as well as not being always on - so I entered the settings on Pidgin... no idea if it works as I don't seem to get a buddy list. Anyone had any luck?

I've enabled it, and it keeps giving it as <user-name>@chat.facebook.com/

the slash keeps appearing. I've switched off SSL in advanced settings, it was set up as a XMPP account.

settings used are in this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=520680&postcount=8

I can copy them over if necessary.

Edit: I re-entered my password properly. Must have entered it wrong. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Thor; 2010-02-11 at 05:54.

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Now is there a way to get Blackberry Messenger working ? I know .. that'll never happen :P

Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I don't want this populating contacts - as well as not being always on - so I entered the settings on Pidgin... no idea if it works as I don't seem to get a buddy list. Anyone had any luck?

I've enabled it, and it keeps giving it as <user-name>@chat.facebook.com/

the slash keeps appearing. I've switched off SSL in advanced settings, it was set up as a XMPP account.

settings used are in this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=520680&postcount=8

I can copy them over if necessary.

Edit: I re-entered my password properly. Must have entered it wrong. Thanks everyone!
yes I made it working with pidgin let me tel u what to do exacrely

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Now is there a way to get Blackberry Messenger working ? I know .. that'll never happen :P
Haha if BMM ever opened up, do you know how much shared revenue they'd lose from all the US carriers alone...sucks that they have such a huge strangle hold on corp business when devices like the E-Series do what Blackberrys do with a much smoother Symbian port....eventually it will fade though, Open-Source is the future.