Hey, i was wondering since there are a lot more n900 type phones out in the market now. Which phone do you think is better in overall.

N900
Droid
Nexus

Post you opinion which phone you prefer. Which phone you think is better and why and how. I also want to know if you had a choice to buy one of these 3 phones which phone would you get.

Try to be fair even though this is MAEMO forums. My nokia n900 is at repair centre so im thinking of also buying 1 of these phones. So, once again tell me which phone you think is better and break it into points.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Lemme see ... N900

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Portland, Or
Originally Posted by phuongymy View Post
Hey, i was wondering since there are a lot more n900 type phones out in the market now. Which phone do you think is better in overall.

N900
Droid
Nexus

Post you opinion which phone you prefer. Which phone you think is better and why and how. I also want to know if you had a choice to buy one of these 3 phones which phone would you get.

Try to be fair even though this is MAEMO forums. My nokia n900 is at repair centre so im thinking of also buying 1 of these phones. So, once again tell me which phone you think is better and break it into points.
Well..Probably Droid then N900. Wouldn't touch a nexus one. The Droid and N900 have better hardware and physical keyboards. Plus I had endless problems with the Nexus One that I had.

You really asking that question on the MAEMO forums?

Droid - Motorola product, I'd never buy it.
Also;
- Flat Keyboard
- Android
- Fugly

Nexus
- Poor 3G
- Google product....
- Poor support
- Many S/W problems
- Many complaints

N900
- Lacks some basic needs

So yea, N900. But these are forums FOR the N900, bit biased.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPand0r For This Useful Post:
Had a Droid, liked it, but had reception issues in what was supposed to be a solid 3G coverage area, 2 miles from "2" different Verizon stores, and 3 blocks from Verizon CO. But I blame the Droid, following the much improved reception I had with my antennae mod.

I think the Droid has a lot to offer...obviously tight google integration, if that's what you're looking for. Native email apps still seem buggy after two updates, per the android forums. Again obviously, there are a decent amount of "useable apps". I may go back, if I can get a US 3G support Milestone, for the simple fact that they'll have Sling/HAVA/Monsoon support, which will most likely not come to Maemo. I do miss the larger screen on the Droid, along with the louder call volume.

I think that out of the box, the 900 has a lot more going for it. I was pretty much able to replicate "all" my Droid functionality with the 900, and its limited apps, back in early December. However once the Droid hits the app store, its game over. If NAV is what you're looking for, then its a no brainer, but I have in-dash NAV so its a non-issue for me. If the 900 had a few more "bells-n-whistles" on the native phone/calendar/email/(and media player for some people) apps, it would be really hard to beat.

For me, the 900 would be perfect if:

- The Flash based media players worked on the Flash sites I want to use (sling.com, xmradio online), or there was "an app for that", but that's not Nokia's issue to resolve.

- Louder call volume

- More options for setting "recurring events" in calendar

- The USB port was not so fragile

But my points are all moot, because the best phone is the one that fits your needs the best.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colnago For This Useful Post:
Very simple choise

Nexus One
- No physical keyboard
- Limited built-in memory

=> FAIL

Droid
- Made by Motorolla........nothing else matters.

=> FAIL

N900
- Missing basic phone functions
- Compared to other to choices....more pros than cons

=> Best choice out of the 3.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ ZAgreb,Croatia
Originally Posted by phuongymy View Post

N900
Droid
Nexus

I dont think this is type of question to ask on this forum, you will get most of the answers -N900 ofc..

And yes, I vote myself for N900 too.. Droid is good I think,..but motorola....come on man, are you serious???
And nexus...well, maybe., but I really like this physical keyboard...I would never change it for phone without one...I am typing on my phone right now anyways..
I dont say n900 is perfect, it has some issues, but it is really nice tablet

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
Hmmm...I thought this subject had already been beat to death, but here she is riding again. All I'm going to say is that the N1 unlocked cost $529, the n900 can be had for $533 (from dell), and just on the bare numbers offers more bang for the buck. Even if we assume that the experience provided by the processor is roughly the same, and comparable apps can be found, the n900 comes with 32GB built in, in addition to the microSDHC slot. The N1 come with 500MB, and the microSDHC slot. As always the question really is what is your usage profile, what features are most important to you? If the keyboard and storage are important hardware features, the n900 is the way to go. If being able to do anything you want to your device is an important software feature, n900 is probably a better choice. If you want a thinner device, with a more polished out of the box experience and tight integration with google's services, and don't mind jumping through some flaming hoops to tinker with your device, then the N1 might be for you.

$529 from Newegg free shipping for the n900

Last edited by iamNarada; 2010-02-03 at 14:43. Reason: info update, grammer

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
RIght now, with the latest firmware upgrades, and based on the comments I have seen in both the Droid and Maemo forums, if you want a phone that can also browse the Internet get the Droid. If you want an Internet browser that can also make phone calls, get the N900. If you want Google integration, get the Droid. If you want Linux integration, get the N900.

If you want it all, wait and see what Dell comes up with in the Mini 5/Streak, what Nokia does in the next firmware release, and what Motorola does either with their firmware or with new models, and then reassess your options.

The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP1 For This Useful Post:
Thanks everyone. Well, Im a hardcore phone user. Ever since i had my n900 i hardly sat on my PC. Just started again as my phone is at repair centre.
But, what i mean by HARDCORE phone user is that, i use my phone for everything. Browser, games, gps (will pay for sygic), smooth touch, physical keyboard, etc. I just love everything in a PHONE.

Besides iphone(WHICH I HATE), i also had HTC HD2 in my mind too, but since its windows i just had to cancel that decision. So, wat u guys say now?