People have reported EReader as working for them. My settings only give me 16 MBytes of garnet vm storage. Do I have to increase that amount to install EReader?
I tried installing it last night and it was very sloooowww and didn't work right, so I uninstalled it, then thought maybe my storage settings need to be increased. What storage do those of you who use EReader have set? Or was this a fluke?

Having trouble figuring out how/where to download/install the google maps app. could someone write a quick tutorial, or point me to one? thanks, this,seems like something that could be very useful.

UPDATE:www.google.com/gmm
Make sure you aren't using iphone user agent.

Click on Get Started.
Scroll down
Click on Palm OS
Save .prc file where you can find it
Open GarnetVM
Click install
Find saved .prc file and open it
A new icon will appear: "Install Google Maps"
Launch icon
Click agree/ok a couple of times until it shows a map

At this point I suggest you close and restart GarnetVM, otherwise it might launch the install again, and you will lose any addresses you've entered.
When you re-open Garnet, the icon should now say 'Google Maps' (not 'Install Google Maps...')

Last edited by slip; 2008-07-09 at 21:12. Reason: figured it out myself; then came back a month later and prettied it up.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slip For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Games are here, http://pdamill.com/prod_palm.shtml, from http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...361#post187361, thread #62. DL the files to PC, extracted into 3 files and txf to tablet and iinstall all 3 files, one by one, under GVM, configure 4M/Tungsten TlX/display compatibility checked.

Here are the screen shots of some of my apps, enjoy.
Attached Images

Mazera is a little slow on the n800, but its one of the best Palm games I've played. The one issue is the positioning of the d-pad is a little awkward for holding the n800 in portrait mode, but you can also use stylus control as well.

I'm about to check Warfare Incorporated as well, my other favorite Palm game.

Hi,

I filled the Access form page but not email is sent to me. I tried with 4 emails accounts but I can't get the link for download. Sme onek knows why and give me the link?

Regards,

Taguapire.

Warfare Incorporated is working great too, and since 480x320 is higher than my old Treo's resolution (320x320), it actually plays better as well. Its a little slow, but still playable too.

Last edited by jhoff80; 2008-05-31 at 04:32.

Originally Posted by slip View Post
Having trouble figuring out how/where to download/install the google maps app. could someone write a quick tutorial, or point me to one? thanks, this,seems like something that could be very useful.

UPDATE:www.google.com/gmm
Make sure you aren't using iphone user agent.

click on Get Started.
Scroll down
Click on Palm OS
Save .prc file where you can find it
Open GarnetVM
click install
find saved .prc file and open it
new icon will appear; Install Google Maps
Launch icon
click agree/ok a couuple times unntil it shows map

att this point i suggest you close and reestart GarnetVM, otherwise it might launch the install again, and you lose addresses you've entered.
when you reopen Garnet, the icon should say 'Google Maps' (not 'install GMapps...'
Excellent post. This is a very good step by step guide, a whole lot of people is going to be benefit from this post, thank YOU!

bun

Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Mazera is a little slow on the n800, but its one of the best Palm games I've played. The one issue is the positioning of the d-pad is a little awkward for holding the n800 in portrait mode, but you can also use stylus control as well.

I'm about to check Warfare Incorporated as well, my other favorite Palm game.
Several people asked about how to change right "handedness" to Left handedness. You can either use rotate(?) which I have NOT tried myself or use Zlauncher, http://www.versiontracker.com/php/dl...er%2FZL545.zip. This is a REAL link to dl a free eval copy. The others are scams that ask to send $ and subscription, be careful. There is an option to change handedness in preference, just checked the option, very easy.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-05-31 at 11:29.

Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Warfare Incorporated is working great too, and since 480x320 is higher than my old Treo's resolution (320x320), it actually plays better as well. Its a little slow, but still playable too.
Screenshots please, if you dont mind , And to post a link about where to get this, either purchase or free dl? TIA,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-05-31 at 11:30.

Originally Posted by taguapire View Post
Hi,

I filled the Access form page but not email is sent to me. I tried with 4 emails accounts but I can't get the link for download. Sme onek knows why and give me the link?

Regards,

Taguapire.
PM me with your OS, I will send you the link .
Same for everybody, if they have problem with your email acct, just PM me with your OS, i will get you the link. Enjoy,

bun

Tags
apps, essential, garnet, palm