Active Topics

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
That's not a tablet - it's a bloody phone. Based on this my next tablet will be a N810.
IF this is accurate and true, then this seems horribly compromised, compared to existing tablets.

Bring on Mer! And a nice Fremantle style theme.

Anybody want to import and sell on some of those intresting Chinese clones?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
If any of this is accurate, it is a bit of an odd decision.

A qwerty phone with 3.5" screen is the N97. It seems unlikely that the current Nokia tablet users would "upgrade" to a smaller screen, and any non-tablet users (unfamiliar with Maemo) would buy the N97.

So who is this device targeted at?

(GPS isn't listed in the spec, but geotagging is, so unless they are going to use cell tower tagging which seems unlikely, GPS is pretty certain)

The Following User Says Thank You to paulkoan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I still think this is not true. Especially since we had no idea about the voice coming so soon. The only problem i see is with texrat's comments

Speaking of GPS...

What is the word on GPS mapping software for freemantle? A Maps port perhaps?

(A smaller screen also reduces the effectiveness of this as a GPS unit for driving (which I currently use the n810 for), as well as ebooks, video and etc)

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
That's not a tablet - it's a bloody phone. Based on this my next tablet will be a N810.
Even phones have ****ing arrow buttons. What crack is nokia ****ing smoking?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by qole View Post
...up to 16GB external storage! Wow.

I guess that isn't terrible. My 2-year old N800 has only 32GB of removable storage.
Your sarcasm is not strong enough: Our N800s have up to 64GB (I suppose only half of that would be "external" by some definitions, but it is all removable)

For any given capacity of SD (SDHC really) the MicroSD version will always be:
* More expensive
* Slower
* Potentially non-existent (32GB at the moment)

That's why I'm concerned that it isn't mentioned. (That and the screen size (DPI is nice though) and d-pad of course)
MicroSD is fine for my Dumbphone - it can't play movies or show pictures from my cameras on a nice screen.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
3.5" screen - bad idea.
Whoa... I was thinking that there was *nothing* that would keep me from buying the N900, but this really, I really, really, really don't need to squint more to read, and steady my hand more to draw. Why in the world would they do this?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TheRealBubba For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
based on what we know from the fremantle SDKs, and these specs, can anyone think of a compelling reason to upgrade?

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
based on what we know from the fremantle SDKs, and these specs, can anyone think of a compelling reason to upgrade?
Gadget addiction?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulkoan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I'm glad I took the Pandora, then
So, have you received your Pandora already?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapointed by nokia, dpad, maemo phone, my tablet is crying, n900, nokia gets it wrong, openmoko, rover, rx-51, rx-71 needed, screen size, smartphone, t-mobile