Active Topics

Hey guys,

We just opened our launch page at N9 Apps. We will be launching as soon our site is ready and there are a few great apps to show. Initially we've had very positive and excited response on the initiative. It seems that people all over the world are really excited about the N9.

We aim to provide the way to easily find apps for N9. For developers it means a promotion and feedback channel for all apps. The apps wil be sourced from various repositories including official Store and others, meaning we won't host anything.

The primary features will be app pages with discussion, and app lists for popular, all-time-best and new apps and ways to access and install the app.

So, if you have any questions or ideas or anything I will be trying my best to be answering here on this thread!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to N9 Apps For This Useful Post:
Hello, my question is:

Are you Nokia? Is Nokia supporting n9-apps.com?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kkito For This Useful Post:
No, we are not affiliated nor get support of any kind from Nokia. We are just very excited about the N9 and wanted to have a great place where all the apps can be found.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ New Delhi, India
So when are you guys actually planning to launch the full website. Any tentative dates in mind?? Or will it be Nokia-like as well. Announce now and launch when you're about to retire.

Dont mean to be rude but I am just one hell of a frustrated N9 follower.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rohit.hellboy For This Useful Post:
Hey guys! Please provide some feedback and feature requests etc. so we can make this service as useful as possible! I'll provide here what we have right now as our primary features:

The main view will have a list of the currently most popular apps voted by users. Secondary views are for all-time-top and new apps.

Each app will have it's own page at n9-apps.com/appname. There will be basic information with screenshots and videos, which we will host. In addition, there's discussion and links to install the app. The apps will be submitted by developers.

There's more but I won't go too much in the details because it's not final yet.

Originally Posted by rohit.hellboy View Post
So when are you guys actually planning to launch the full website. Any tentative dates in mind?? Or will it be Nokia-like as well. Announce now and launch when you're about to retire.

Dont mean to be rude but I am just one hell of a frustrated N9 follower.
We are working really hard to have the initial version launched before the N9 hits the shelves, or around the same time.

The Following User Says Thank You to N9 Apps For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Will this site be more like an Appbrain (Android) or Appshopper (iOS) type of site or something wholly different?

Regardless... best of luck. Glad to see somebody with as much enthusiasm about the N9/Harmattan as us TMO people.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Will this site be more like an Appbrain (Android) or Appshopper (iOS) type of site or something wholly different?

Regardless... best of luck. Glad to see somebody with as much enthusiasm about the N9/Harmattan as us TMO people.
More like Appshopper in the regard that we won't host or sell the apps, just provide links to Store and other sources. On the other hand, we (primarily) won't crawl the sources but let the developers add their own apps and provide the link for installation. There's a possibility that we would also crawl if some developers won't sign up on our service. In this sense, we will also have our own ratings and discussion for the apps as well as host screenshots and videos.

For the differences, we will try to make a more social service compared to all app stores right now. Each app will have a proper two-way discussion, users and developers can be followed for the latest updates, apps can be promoted to followers etc. Currently we are planning to ditch star-reviews but let users just promote apps if they like them.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to N9 Apps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Auckland, New Zealand
Hi guys,

Do you have a process for developers to reserve their app-name urls now?

Excited for site launch!
Misc: Qt Ambassador

The Following User Says Thank You to nikrolls For This Useful Post:
gl guys, careful with microsoft.

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post: