Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
first 16 are on their way!
Great, I'm looking forward to receiving it! Thanks a lot Dirkvl.

if there are any problems with them, please email me, then i can more easily help with fixing the problem then when we fill this whole thread with issues
I totally get that the keyboard will be hacky, and I knew that from the beginning, but I don't really see the point in keeping discussions on how to improve it or fix bugs (or discuss features yet to implement) off the thread, in private (emails) discussions. We all know it will be buggy and that there is still a lot of work, but wouldn't it be better if we could all discuss the problems here rather than every one of us sending you the same emails for the same issues, instead of just coming here checking whether it was already discussed, investigated, acknowledged for future improvement, and perhaps even solved?

also, i am exhausted. this whole keyboard making is a bit more work than anticipated. i am learning a lot though, so that is always good!
Honestly, I don't even know how you managed to push this project so far! Congratulations, you really made a great work (together with Kimmoli of course) and we're all grateful for that awesome work.

ow, last thing! a very few people -like 3 or so- have a very limited editing keypad! see if you can spot the difference!
Like the first three people, or are they selected at random among the 16? :<

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I don't really see the point in keeping discussions on how to improve it or fix bugs (or discuss features yet to implement) off the thread, in private (emails) discussions
this is the preferred way for me. if there are issues that keep coming back i will post them here as a FAQ or whatever. i don't like this whole thread to be filled up with troubleshooting basic stuff.

Like the first three people, or are they selected at random among the 16? :<
random. maybe it won't even be noticed, just a very small detail that is different

Honestly, I don't even know how you managed to push this project so far! Congratulations, you really made a great work (together with Kimmoli of course) and we're all grateful for that awesome work.
thanks!

Congratulations to your first shipped own product! *fireworks*

It's great to see, that you really did not stop somewhere in the middle of the development. And no I don't want the difference back, even if there is no following "crazy-otherhalf", but yes, showing us a crazy OTH later would be nice of course

Last edited by meShell; 2014-03-16 at 14:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to meShell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Veska, Czech Rep.
first 16 are on their way!
Wow, that's really cool! I just can't wait for this thing to play with.
Anyway, thanks for bringing this project to successful end in such short time. You're the man!
And for that extra money, well, you've already deserved it.

The Following User Says Thank You to jamar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
If I wasnt broke I would donate to you even though I dont have a Jolla and may never get one (of the first ones, at least)

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden

also, the shipping was a little cheaper than anticipated. if you want the difference back, send me a message. otherwise it is converted to a crazy-otherhalf voucher for future projects!
You can consider my extra shipping payment as extra motivation to continue doing great stuff like this!

The other issue, how to report errors, bugs and misfeatures along with comments, why not make a FAQ as a maemo.org wiki-page? That way, you get all questions collected in a simple uncluttered way (compared to TMO), and the community might even answer some of the questions for you! :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stefanmohl For This Useful Post:
Hats off to you sir, job well done!

(pre-)ordering is closed now! will probably take a while to make the next 60, after that i will count my remaining parts and see if i can make some more

also, put the address to my dropbox in my signature to make things easier. also put a 3d file of a generic otherhalf in there, that is a bit more printer-friendly than the file provided by jolla (made by kimmo for toholed and then made some changes)

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-03-16 at 19:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
> the software is not yet done

Is the plan to sit and wait till dirkvl finishes the sw too, or is there a more collaborative approach?

The Following User Says Thank You to kxq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kxq View Post
> the software is not yet done

Is the plan to sit and wait till dirkvl finishes the sw too, or is there a more collaborative approach?
kimmo makes the software and i think he is very open for help

i have 0 skills in programming (wel not 0, but close)

Closed Thread

Tags
keyboard, limited-edition, otherhalf, qwerty