When i make a call, my phone say's "General Error" ,"Network Busy" and 95% of the time "Network Error" ... i don't think i did something to mess it up... Any ideas?

Originally Posted by DaAntwan View Post
When i make a call, my phone say's "General Error" ,"Network Busy" and 95% of the time "Network Error" ... i don't think i did something to mess it up... Any ideas?
Sorry... 95% of the time its "Connection Error"

Just found out:

Network mode:

Dual - not working
GSM - Working
Dual again after switching to GSM... working again for 2 minutes!

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA, Maine
I have a similar problem because I am located in an area with very poor coverage. When I force a search for providers I find that there are 3 in range, two being very weak and the third much stronger. As I have a TMobile sim card, with automatic selection it tried to connect to that tower but that is one of the weaker ones and was constantly connecting and dropping. If I force it to connect (manual setting) to the stronger signal the phone works far more reliably.

Originally Posted by GaryHT627 View Post
I have a similar problem because I am located in an area with very poor coverage. When I force a search for providers I find that there are 3 in range, two being very weak and the third much stronger. As I have a TMobile sim card, with automatic selection it tried to connect to that tower but that is one of the weaker ones and was constantly connecting and dropping. If I force it to connect (manual setting) to the stronger signal the phone works far more reliably.
I went across half of my city trying to figure out whats going on, and the problem is not coverage!

i have a similar problem. half the time my n900 says that i have no sim card inserted (shows a sim card symbol with a line through it). i think it is a problem with the phone not the sim as the sim works fine in other phones. it is getting really bad and is making the phone almost useless.

any ideas or similar problems out there?

thanks

chris.

Had that, too -- all of a sudden it started, along with weird other symptoms (the SD card "vanished", and with the Sygic license). Sent it in to where I bought it and got a brand new one.