Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
Hey Guys, Good Going with this thread... I have a question.... How is it that i can add these softwares/Apps into the blacklist/whitelist? Which file actually maintains this? I was not able to read the entire CSSU Thread which is currently more than 450 pages, so if anyone knows this, I'd be thankful for the knowledge...

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by fareed_xtreme View Post
Hey Guys, Good Going with this thread... I have a question.... How is it that i can add these softwares/Apps into the blacklist/whitelist? Which file actually maintains this? I was not able to read the entire CSSU Thread which is currently more than 450 pages, so if anyone knows this, I'd be thankful for the knowledge...
You must add these apps after blacklist line in the transition.ini file, located in usr/share/hildon-desktop/
Do it as ejasmudar mentioned in the following post:

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Hmm, the idea of supporting both blacklist and whitelist would be good idea an IMHO not very difficult to implement.

This is how is could work:
Both whitlist and blacklist will be supported. But there will be only one of those in transisition.ini. (The other one would be commented out). So, if someone has the line saying
Code:
blacklist=xxx yyy zzz
#whitelist = aaa bbb ccc
then the apps in the list will be blacklisted. And viceversa

However, if some doofus of a user has both enabled, then hildon could revert to a default of accepting only whitelist and ignoring the blacklist.

I think this way both camps can be satisfied. Opinions...?
I did not tested it yet, so I can't confirm.

Last edited by Boemien; 2011-09-08 at 15:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Stop. Install x11-utils. Run
Code:
xlsclients
This will give you a list of applications conneted to X server.
What does your list of packages?

Last edited by hxka; 2011-09-08 at 14:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Anybody knows the name to put in the whitelist for the virtual keyboard? I would like most of the applications to stay in landscape (so force rotate is disabled) and keep a whitelist for certain applications. The browser is on my whitelist but when i enter a textfield the virtual keyboard shows up in landscape.. So i need to know the name of the 'binairy' of the keyboard. Thanks.

maemoblocks and angrybirds still rotate for me, although others like calculator, camera, xterm, calander, worldclocks listen to the blacklist

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
So how do I put the task switcher in the black list? I dont know what its called :S

Originally Posted by randomdood View Post
maemoblocks and angrybirds still rotate for me, although others like calculator, camera, xterm, calander, worldclocks listen to the blacklist
hi, if you want to maintain your app in landscape mode you have to add the lines to both files (/usr/share/hildon-desktop and /usr/share/theme/<your theme name>) so that both files are having all the new options.

furthermore put the line under this forme: blacklist = xxx yyy zzz

The Following User Says Thank You to kayamagan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by kayamagan View Post
hi, if you want to maintain your app in landscape mode you have to add the lines to both files (/usr/share/hildon-desktop and /usr/share/theme/<your theme name>) so that both files are having all the new options.

furthermore put the line under this forme: blacklist = xxx yyy zzz
Thanks Kayamagan for this tip. As I said, I did not tested it yet. I'm reading other post to see if this feature get stabilized. Don't Hesitate to post your feedbacks and other application Names.
Thanks!!

is there a limit to how many apps i can add to the blacklist/whitelist?

take fmradio for example. i don't know if either i am using a wrong exectuable name or the list is full bcoz everything i listed after fmradio isn't working either.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by randomdood View Post
Angrybirds should be angrybirds
Angry Birds Rio should be com-rovio-angrybirdsrio
Angry Birds Seasons should be angrybirdsseasons

Maemoblocks should be maemoblocks
but you could also try br.org.indt.maemoblocks.startup or maemoblocks_startup or even game_ap_blocks_name

Not sure though...

Greetz,

J4ZZ

The Following User Says Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post: