Posts: 11 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ montreal
weird. i'm now getting the same
"ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported" errors.
i definitely haven't reflashed or changed anything about my system except use gconftool to activate the dummy iap and install a bunch of non-connection-related software (gpe and maemomapper updates, bash, free42). maybe when i have time, i'll reflash and see if that helps.

Any new info on this issue? If I can help somehow in making this work, let me know, getting this working is the only way I'll be able to connect to my campus wireless.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Could this be due to the wireless driver not supporting Linux Wireless Extensions (WEXT)? I had to patch the driver before I could use wpasupplicant with wpa-psk on Debian on my N800. The patch is here: https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/c...er/000005.html

I really need to start monitoring those lists...

Yes. That sounds like it would solve the problem, although I'm not sure what other problems it might create --- later posts on that list talk about issues with the patch.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
well, just make sure you don't replace the real module with it. If things end up getting screwed up you're just one reboot away from the fix. Here it is, compiled for the N800 OS2008 50-2 kernel. IIRC 51-3 is the same kernel, so it should work. Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cx3110x.ko.zip (29.7 KB, 243 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnx For This Useful Post:
your driver did the trick for me!
many thanks!

On side note has anybody gotten LEAP working?

btw heres a little brute script to connect via wpa supplicant, assuming the driver is in /root/ and dummy network is already active:
Code:
killall wpa_supplicant
ifconfig down wlan0
rmmod cx3110x
insmod /root/cx3110x.ko
wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dwext -iwlan0 -Bw
ifconfig wlan0 up
udhcpc -i wlan0 -z

Can somebody tell me, where is problem with 802.1x?
I tried to connect to my university network, it shows that it will connect with PEAP/LEAP and MSCHV2, it asked me user/password. And after a moment it says that wlan network is uncompatible.

I have recived some information from my university. They said that the problem with my device that it cannot understand migration mode. It means, that it cannon work well in networks which have same ssid but different 802.1x: wpa2 and automatic wep. Does anybody know something about it. Where can I read about that?