Active Topics

I have so far not voted anything in the brainstorm sections. Usually the word 'brainstorm' isn't combined with 'voting' to start with.. quite the opposite really. So I find the whole thing a) slightly confusing, b) difficult to contribute to.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I have so far not voted anything in the brainstorm sections. Usually the word 'brainstorm' isn't combined with 'voting' to start with.. quite the opposite really. So I find the whole thing a) slightly confusing, b) difficult to contribute to.
I would quibble with the voting part. I have participated in and facilitated corporate brainstorming events where voting on suggestions was indeed an important part of the process. Brainstorming itself can be wild, loose, whatever... but in the end, something practical and prioritized must emerge.

I agree with that, but that's the point where the actual brainstorming has ended..

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I agree with that, but that's the point where the actual brainstorming has ended..
Understood, and we're working on improving that here.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
i think that is quite logical. one creates idea, small people chats and create solutions. then the voting starts.

in my opinion only the voting must be made as easy and convenient possible. you cant have 1000 people shouting @ brainstorming but if you can have those 1000 voting soon after solutions are introduced, i am certain that it is more useful than only the people brainstorming voting their own solutions.