Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Edinburgh
Tried installing this but get an "unable to install". It appears on the desktop anyway but the only buttons that work are the "+" and "-"

Haven't been through the thread entirely but any ideas why this might be and how I can fix?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Maharadja View Post
Finally, after hours of raging with illustator. I present you:

Maemoui (maemo + ui = maemoui lol lame)

Just put the svg file in yer MyDocs and yer done!
***What's improved?***
  • Bigger buttons(to hit)
  • No more transparant bleeding

Get it while its hot!
Can you tell me how to make a workable svg? So I can bring up my version of it. Which vars do I've to use? Or could you just send me your illustrator file?

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
How difficult would it be to have the widget almost as big as a N900 desktop? Is it just a case of using different graphics?

I'd like to have a bigger version so I can quickly control it whilst driving in the car. Can we have a supersized version of this widget please?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
How difficult would it be to have the widget almost as big as a N900 desktop? Is it just a case of using different graphics?

I'd like to have a bigger version so I can quickly control it whilst driving in the car. Can we have a supersized version of this widget please?
Thats exactly what I want to do . . .
First I need to know how to set up the svg file . . . and does the widget take over the size of the svg file . . . ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Carlito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
Can you tell me how to make a workable svg? So I can bring up my version of it. Which vars do I've to use? Or could you just send me your illustrator file?

Thanks in advance!
@the first post of the thread there is an discription of all the id's. if you don't know what what is, ill make an nice example.

there is an option in illustrator to export to svg so you can use that.
youll need to change the id tags with something like notepad(because the illustrator exporter sucks)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maharadja For This Useful Post:
Thanks!

Will try! Does the widget take over the measurements?

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lahti, Finland
Yeah, the svg file determinates the size of the widget. You could just resize some of the svgs which were previously posted into this thread, although the highlighted button presses look a bit on the funky side there.

When you're done with the resizing, just copy the resized svg into /MyDocs and reload the widget.

I reckon widget width between 760-790 pixels should do the trick, since you should leave some room to each side of the desktop.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stonda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
Thanks!

Will try! Does the widget take over the measurements?
If you could post your resized svgs I'd appreciate trying yours
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
If you could post your resized svgs I'd appreciate trying yours
Give me an hour or two . . .

The Following User Says Thank You to Carlito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
@stonda and other skin makers

i was thinking of collecting some of the skins and adding screenshts to first post with files attached to make this thread a little friendlier, with your permission of course?

and while i'm here anyone fancy doing a super simple skin? 3 buttons, vertical, full height about thumb width, on/off button, + button, and skip track button (if that command has been integrated yet) with status of rds indicated through white or green on said buttons. my artistic skills are as poor as my coding ones!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Last edited by festivalnut; 2010-08-25 at 10:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post: