Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Just to clear things up.

I faced this bug on a hard reset N9 PR 1.2. In theory, this should mean that no apps (except those installed by default with the firmware) are the culprit.

First I had the 0% bug while trying to update from PR 1.1.

Then I downloaded Nokia Software Updater and upgraded to PR 1.2 After the first reboot I had the "refreshing cache" bug after I first upgraded to PR 1.2. To make things worse I also had the "impossible to enable Developer Mode" bug so I wasn't able to access the Terminal to debug.

My solution was to reinstall PR 1.2 using Nokia Software Updater... 3 times! Yes, you read it right: my N9 only went back to normal after I reinstalled PR 1.2 via NSU for the third time!

I hope it works for you people.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Stockholm
I have done a hard reset. Doesn't work. I cannot even enable Dev mode now as I cannot download anything. Enabling Dev mode leads to same thing, trying to DL Terminal app. So I cannot delete filemanager. Filemanager is not visible in the installed app view either, so I can't do it there either. Any suggestions before I flash?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Stockholm
Originally Posted by pedroesteban View Post
First I had the 0% bug while trying to update from PR 1.1.

Then I downloaded Nokia Software Updater and upgraded to PR 1.2 After the first reboot I had the "refreshing cache" bug after I first upgraded to PR 1.2. To make things worse I also had the "impossible to enable Developer Mode" bug so I wasn't able to access the Terminal to debug.

My solution was to reinstall PR 1.2 using Nokia Software Updater... 3 times! Yes, you read it right: my N9 only went back to normal after I reinstalled PR 1.2 via NSU for the third time!

I hope it works for you people.
I think I give up. Sounds like a good solution, but my NSU just says "all programs are up to date" and all options a grayed out.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Thailand
Originally Posted by SeanBangkok View Post
I finally took the update to 1.2 and everything seemed fine.
Installation was flawless and everything seems to be working well after completion - except that now I have 4 pieces of software waiting for updates - namely:
VoiceInput Virtual Keyboard
SpeedDisplay
qadcleaner
Folder Gallery

all sitting there with "Download Failed" messages messages below.
Along with this "Can't complete the download. Connection to the application provider was lost. Try again later."

The refresh logo, constantly spins and if I click on Try Again, all I get is the following message:
"Unable to start operation
Refreshing Cache. Please wait"
I found a solution via a different route, I researched the software that was shouting for updates via NSU.
It seems that all of them had been changed from "free" apps to "paid" in the Nokia Store!

I un-installed all of them, and now everything is back to normal...

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Austria
Originally Posted by ezameht View Post
Another reboot did the trick... Removing filemanager.list was not necessary.
Error is here again... No idea why.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
Only thing that helped me was reflashing to vanilla.

I had to do this two times. First time I used a backup to get all my stuff back, but that just brought the problam back too.
Second time I just flashed firmware and EMMC. Luckily i have all my contacts and calendar in gmail so getting those back is as easy as just downloading them through mfe.

At least gpodder has turned to a paid application and I think that was for me what was causing the problem.

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
any solution for this ?
Can someone upload the osa.list file?

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Guatemala
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
any solution for this ?
Can someone upload the osa.list file?
Removing filemanager source.list did the trick for me:

in x-term:
$ devel-su
(enter password, the default is rootme)

# rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list

reboot.
in x-term again:
$ devel-su
# apt-get update

Enjoy.

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by diegofigueroa View Post
Removing filemanager source.list did the trick for me:

in x-term:
$ devel-su
(enter password, the default is rootme)

# rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list

reboot.
in x-term again:
$ devel-su
# apt-get update

Enjoy.
yes i did all this but no luck.
But I want that osa.list because I accidentaly deleted it and filemanager.list doesn't exist.