Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Apparenty, the update's stuck in the gears of the repo system? :|

Anyway, I like this program a lot. The only problem is, I sometimes need to imitate the useragents of different Chrome versions, and different Firefox versions. The presets aren't of much use for my usecase, since I don't have a use for different phones' useragent strings.

Also, some sites are starting to pull the plug on Firefox 3 support and even though some of them would still work fine on microb, the pages give out "unsupported browser" prompts that I bypass by just incrementing the version number by one or two.

These usecases would warrant the usefulness of having a user-customizable useragent list, IMHO. Anyway, thank you for your application. I'll try to donate a bit.

The Following User Says Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Apparenty, the update's stuck in the gears of the repo system? :|

Anyway, I like this program a lot. The only problem is, I sometimes need to imitate the useragents of different Chrome versions, and different Firefox versions. The presets aren't of much use for my usecase, since I don't have a use for different phones' useragent strings.

Also, some sites are starting to pull the plug on Firefox 3 support and even though some of them would still work fine on microb, the pages give out "unsupported browser" prompts that I bypass by just incrementing the version number by one or two.

These usecases would warrant the usefulness of having a user-customizable useragent list, IMHO. Anyway, thank you for your application. I'll try to donate a bit.
Hi,

The update has been already built. I'll look into the preset list next week, when I'm less busy.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Question:- Does your application modify general.useragent.vendor or general.useragent.override?
I am playing around trying to find a more up to date agent setting that will work on facebook. I have discovered that they only work if put in general.useragent.vendor. This is, of course, reset back to original on browser restart.
If you define the agent in general.useragent.override, facebook starts to load but does not complete.

Why do I want to change it? To stop that annoying "update you browser" message that facebook comes out with from time to time..

Last edited by macey; 2013-09-25 at 18:12.

Originally Posted by macey View Post
Question:- Does you application modify general.useragent.vendor or general.useragent.user?
I am playing around trying to find a more up to date agent setting that will work on facebook. I have discovered that they only work if put in general.useragent.vendor. This is, of course, reset back to original on browser restart.
If you define the agent in general.useragent.user, facebook starts to load but does not complete.

Why do I want to change it? To stop that annoying "update you browser" message that facebook comes out with from time to time..
Nope. It modifies some config file (I don't remember which, it's hardcoded somewhere in the helper cpp). Just like hideuseragent but smarter

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Hi,

The update has been already built. I'll look into the preset list next week, when I'm less busy.
Just a quick note: I didn't forget about the update. I'll push it back when I resurrect my N900's port

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
I thought it puts a request to modify general.useragent.override in ~/.mozilla/microb/user.jss .

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
I thought it puts a request to modify general.useragent.override in ~/.mozilla/microb/user.jss .
Well, if that's the case, I would like to know how it handles www.facebook.com because, when I create a general.useragent.override (via hideuseragent) it fails, see:-
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=53
I have tried loads of agent definitions, they all cause facebook to just partially load. Definitions with only general.useragent.vendor work and of course, they get reset on browser restart.
I would like to know if anyone else sees this.

Last edited by macey; 2013-09-26 at 06:59.

Originally Posted by macey View Post
Well, if that's the case, I would like to know how it handles www.facebook.com because, when I create a general.useragent.override (via hideuseragent) it fails, see:-
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=53
I have tried loads of agent definitions, they all cause facebook to just partially load. Definitions with only general.useragent.vendor work and of course, they get reset on browser restart.
I would like to know if anyone else sees this.
It's general.useragent.override
indeed.
Just
Code:
sed -i 's/override/vendor/g' /home/user/.mozilla/microb/user.js
And try whether it works. I might implement an option to use vendor when I finish the sql stuff

I might implement an option to use vendor when I finish the sql stuff
That would be great, would be interested to know how you make it permanent. I haven't been able to find out how prefs* get reloaded/reset on browser reset. I want to make general.hostagent.vendor permanently set to my option.

Last edited by macey; 2013-09-26 at 08:55.

Code:
sed -i 's/override/vendor/g' /home/user/.mozilla/microb/user.js
And try whether it works.................
What Is this supposed to do?
I understand sed but can't understand what this is supposed to do... Anyway, tried it & facebook still fails....

edit, got you, changed 'user' to 'vendor' still fails though... when look in
about:config, my user agent is listed in the general.useragent.override
entry, it would be, as can have only one 'vendor' entry, that loaded from 'prefs*'

Last edited by macey; 2013-09-26 at 08:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, microb, user agent